Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,327 Members 44,909 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Convert MP3 to M4A Format

Tip us?

hypertx
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Convert MP3 to M4A Format

Hello Moto G people, for some users who are using MP3 files i suggest to convert your MP3 files to M4A format to save storage space. Our Moto G does not support external SD card, so therefore we should find way to maximize our phone's memory.

I used "winamp" player to convert all my MP3 files to M4A and i saved more than half storage used for my Audio files.

I play my music using PowerAmp app and with some some EQ fine tuning, everything sounds great!

Cheers!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hypertx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

UnknownAX
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I use .flac with an average filesize of ~30mb...which means that I can fit 430 tracks on my phone. But after the latest OTA I've simply been using a usb drive for storage.

Sent from my XT1032 using xda app-developers app

hypertx
Old
(Last edited by hypertx; 11th March 2014 at 08:26 PM.) Reason: Typing error
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Converting MP3 to FLAC increases file size. Normal MP3 is about 9MB, converting to FLAC will become 23MB+, where as converting it to M4A file size will become 4.5MB.

Piyush Rawal
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Converting mp3 (lossy format) to m4a (another lossy format) is the worst thing you can do to your music.

Sent from my XT1033 using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Piyush Rawal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hypertx
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush Rawal View Post
Converting mp3 (lossy format) to m4a (another lossy format) is the worst thing you can do to your music.

Yes but it depends. I don't have any problem with my mp3 sound quality converted to m4a. It just how the way you encode and how you fine tune your Music Player's audio settings. If moto g only supports Ext. SD card then no need to compress any files.

tee_pot
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush Rawal View Post

+1

xTx
The Following User Says Thank You to tee_pot For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
m4a, moto g