Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,293 Members 39,089 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rooted Z1 Compact bootloop after installing xposed module.

Tip us?
 
RevokOne
Old
(Last edited by RevokOne; 13th March 2014 at 04:00 AM.)
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 36
Join Date: Dec 2013
Default [Q] Rooted Z1 Compact bootloop after installing xposed module.

fixed, delete please.
 
GunnarKarlsson
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 83
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevokOne View Post
fixed, delete please.
How did you fix it?
Just quickly write it down, then anyone experiencing the same problem will have the solution just a search away...
//Gunnar
 
RevokOne
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 36
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnarKarlsson View Post
How did you fix it?
Just quickly write it down, then anyone experiencing the same problem will have the solution just a search away...
//Gunnar
I just restarted the entire rooting process to start fresh again, did not want to try to fix it since im new to sony phones. I did lose the data I had but that's okay.
The Following User Says Thank You to RevokOne For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
joey7318132
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevokOne View Post
I just restarted the entire rooting process to start fresh again, did not want to try to fix it since im new to sony phones. I did lose the data I had but that's okay.
where did you start back from
would you mind doing a step by step-ish
i tried redo-ing the entire root but I am still stuck in the bootloop
please help.
 
RevokOne
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 36
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey7318132 View Post
where did you start back from
would you mind doing a step by step-ish
i tried redo-ing the entire root but I am still stuck in the bootloop
please help.
I flashed the stock ftf in flashtool and restarted entire process. Does it reboot after phone loads up or during boot up? I think the new xposed update disables during safe mode(not sure what you installed) try that first and uninstall the module or xposed itself in safe mode if it fully boots up. go to power menu, long press restart and itll go to safe mode.
 
joey7318132
Old
(Last edited by joey7318132; 24th April 2014 at 05:07 AM.)
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevokOne View Post
I flashed the stock ftf in flashtool and restarted entire process. Does it reboot after phone loads up or during boot up? I think the new xposed update disables during safe mode(not sure what you installed) try that first and uninstall the module or xposed itself in safe mode if it fully boots up. go to power menu, long press restart and itll go to safe mode.
howd you create the ftf file for it?
i found a website that says its the stock ftf but i cannot get flashtool to pull up my phone, much less the file (and convert it to an ftf)
email me
joey7318132@gmail.com
 
Tonio78r
Old
#7  
Tonio78r's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 45
Posts: 96
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: houilles

 
DONATE TO ME
After installing installing xposed module if your phone goes into bootloop, boot into recovery, flash Xposed-Disabler-Recovery.zip automatically created by Xposed and located in the internal memory. Then reinstall Xposed and enable modules one by one to find out the bad one
 
joey7318132
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonio78r View Post
After installing installing xposed module if your phone goes into bootloop, boot into recovery, flash Xposed-Disabler-Recovery.zip automatically created by Xposed and located in the internal memory. Then reinstall Xposed and enable modules one by one to find out the bad one
which xposed module? and how do i get the zip onto my device it it just keeps booting and shutting off
 
Tonio78r
Old
#9  
Tonio78r's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 45
Posts: 96
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: houilles

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey7318132 View Post
which xposed module? and how do i get the zip onto my device it it just keeps booting and shutting off
Can you boot into recovery ? when you are one sony logo the led turn green, then clic on volume up or volume down and your phone should boot into recovery mode
 
joey7318132
Old
#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonio78r View Post
Can you boot into recovery ? when you are one sony logo the led turn green, then clic on volume up or volume down and your phone should boot into recovery mode
yes i installed a CWM kernel and i think thats the reason i cant get out of the bootloop
the only thing i can do is go into recovery, fastboot, or flashboot
im stuck on what to do

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes