Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,220 Members 44,327 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help me Identify this Samsung Tablet

Tip us?

Clooney003
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Help me Identify this Samsung Tablet

A coworker brought me this saying he just bought it brand new from one of his friends. He dropped it and damaged the screen and wants me to fix it. But I have bought 2 different screens and neither one fits. I tried the 10 inch and 7 inch, they were either too large or too small respectively. Here are pictures of it tore apart and I have had no luck finding part numbers online.

Would anyone be so kind as to help me identify this thing?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140312_203603.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	249.3 KB
ID:	2627624   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140312_203627.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	245.0 KB
ID:	2627625   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140312_203801.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	266.1 KB
ID:	2627626   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140312_203905.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	267.9 KB
ID:	2627627  

gr8nole
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2769

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clooney003 View Post
A coworker brought me this saying he just bought it brand new from one of his friends. He dropped it and damaged the screen and wants me to fix it. But I have bought 2 different screens and neither one fits. I tried the 10 inch and 7 inch, they were either too large or too small respectively. Here are pictures of it tore apart and I have had no luck finding part numbers online.

Would anyone be so kind as to help me identify this thing?
It says GT-P1000 on the back. Google that.
>>>>------;;;;----->

Clooney003
Old
(Last edited by Clooney003; 13th March 2014 at 02:45 AM.) Reason: possible solution
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8nole View Post
It says GT-P1000 on the back. Google that.

Yeh that brings up the Original Samsung Galaxy TAB and I ordered the screen for it, which is 7 inches. The screen this thing has is bigger than that. From corner to corner it measures 9 inches also this thins comes with an A23 dual core processor and the original TAB comes with a 1 GHz Samsung Exynos 3110 processor.

This thing has me stumped.

Edit: I am starting to think this is a fake after doing some reading. The Allwinner A23 Dual Core processor is the smoking gun i think. I cannot find anything but cheapo junk tablets that run this processor. I cant imagine Samsung using something this cheap in their devices. Does anyone else agree with me?

cstayton
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2475

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clooney003 View Post
Yeh that brings up the Original Samsung Galaxy TAB and I ordered the screen for it, which is 7 inches. The screen this thing has is bigger than that. From corner to corner it measures 9 inches also this thins comes with an A23 dual core processor and the original TAB comes with a 1 GHz Samsung Exynos 3110 processor.

This thing has me stumped.

Edit: I am starting to think this is a fake after doing some reading. The Allwinner A23 Dual Core processor is the smoking gun i think. I cannot find anything but cheapo junk tablets that run this processor. I cant imagine Samsung using something this cheap in their devices. Does anyone else agree with me?
Camera placement is wrong lettering is horizontal on back plate (Samsung tab is vertical lettering accross bottom of backplate) components are wrong as well so my guess is it is a poor attempt at a knockoff.

Devices:
HTC One X+ Retired
Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900A Root KoolKit ROM
Samsung Galaxy Tab3 7" JB4.2.2 SM-T217A Rooted S5 Tweaked

If you think my work is worthwhile feel free to donate
by clicking on the "Donate to me" button.
Thank you for your support.

chrjs
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I can see this is a fake Tab with cheap chipset Allwinner A23, which used to arm on noname China devices.