Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,682 Members 42,257 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] MJE Rooting Problems, Impossible?

Tip us?

TechSavvy2
Old
Thanks Meter 463
Hey can someone mirror that Kingo 1.16 version really quick? Definitely getting the not supported error. Thanks.

EDIT: Nvmd, got it. Thanks

mdorrett
Old
Thanks Meter 101

DONATE TO ME
I used Vroot and temporarily disabled virus protection. Then uninstalled Chinese SU and installed SuperSu. Worked like a charm for me.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

triplec76
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I had a really tough time getting Kingo to work. Ended up being Bluestacks running which was mentioned on his blog.

http://blog.kingoapp.com/two-reasons...-android-root/

Worked fine by simply quitting Bluestacks.

EDIT: Also using 1.1.6 and the drivers listed

kvirus11
Old
Thanks Meter 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by triplec76 View Post
I had a really tough time getting Kingo to work. Ended up being Bluestacks running which was mentioned on his blog.

http://blog.kingoapp.com/two-reasons...-android-root/

Worked fine by simply quitting Bluestacks.

EDIT: Also using 1.1.6 and the drivers listed
Yeah it took some work to get Kingo to work for dj and I and when he found the answer from pspbyer using the older version, we had root immediately.

I tried vroot but after my antivirus packaged the trigger files, I uninstalled vroot.

To me, personally, and I am by no means an expert...BUT...if my antivirus triggers trying to install anything on my PC then it's doing it's job. I bought it to do what it did, so that to me is a huge red flag. If it works for others and had zero issues therein after, then that is equally awesome and I'm glad root was achieved.

Just me being paranoid, LP guy me is all.

I'm glad the info Dj found works for us.
The Following User Says Thank You to kvirus11 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

triplec76
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Yes, once I saw the reviews and info regarding vRoot, I decided to stick it out with Kingo. Even after Kingo, there was a strange app in an asian language that I uninstalled. Unsure of what that was since I had not used vRoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvirus11 View Post
Yeah it took some work to get Kingo to work for dj and I and when he found the answer from pspbyer using the older version, we had root immediately.

I tried vroot but after my antivirus packaged the trigger files, I uninstalled vroot.

To me, personally, and I am by no means an expert...BUT...if my antivirus triggers trying to install anything on my PC then it's doing it's job. I bought it to do what it did, so that to me is a huge red flag. If it works for others and had zero issues therein after, then that is equally awesome and I'm glad root was achieved.

Just me being paranoid, LP guy me is all.

I'm glad the info Dj found works for us.

xWiZxKiDx
Old
(Last edited by xWiZxKiDx; 13th March 2014 at 03:22 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4
I have the same model as you and also experienced trouble rooting with Kingo and others methods. This video helped me root my Note 3 yesterday. It's pretty bad when it comes to camera handling but it worked fine in the end. Just follow the directions.

VIDEO