Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more
Post Reply

Rooting

13th March 2014, 03:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
I ran ioroot24 on my lg g2, thinking it would root it. I did everything it said and it finished and my phone restarted and I didn't have root. Anyone know what happened. I have d80020c 4.4.2

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
13th March 2014, 03:31 AM   |  #2  
snowlin's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 45
 
127 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakarmstrong18

I ran ioroot24 on my lg g2, thinking it would root it. I did everything it said and it finished and my phone restarted and I didn't have root. Anyone know what happened. I have d80020c 4.4.2

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

There's no easy root for 4.4.2 as of right now.

You would need to downgrade to 4.2.2, re-root and install custom recovery > then follow this : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2665985
13th March 2014, 03:31 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
Ok

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
13th March 2014, 03:37 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowlin

There's no easy root for 4.4.2 as of right now.

You would need to downgrade to 4.2.2, re-root and install custom recovery > then follow this : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2665985

I already used it though and it went through with no root. Any leftovers from it

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
13th March 2014, 04:06 AM   |  #5  
XxZombiePikachu's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,460
 
2,536 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakarmstrong18

I already used it though and it went through with no root. Any leftovers from it

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

how about this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2672931

it's the one I used and for the past week I've had root and custom recovery
13th March 2014, 04:34 AM   |  #6  
player911's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 908
 
6,826 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2006
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu

how about this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2672931

it's the one I used and for the past week I've had root and custom recovery

There is no root or custom recovery for KitKat 4.4.2 as stated in the second post.

You CAN keep root if you go back to stock and flash a certain order.

LG fixed the Loki exploit used before. So they're trying other alternatives but nothing yet.

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
13th March 2014, 04:41 AM   |  #7  
XxZombiePikachu's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,460
 
2,536 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Yes there is root and custom recovery on 4.4.2 right now only for d800 and d801 and that thread explains what to do for d800 honestly did you not read I am also on 4.4.2 right now with root and recovery and we have had it since a week ago

Sent from my LG-D800 running kitkat using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
14th March 2014, 11:22 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu

Yes there is root and custom recovery on 4.4.2 right now only for d800 and d801 and that thread explains what to do for d800 honestly did you not read I am also on 4.4.2 right now with root and recovery and we have had it since a week ago

Sent from my LG-D800 running kitkat using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Where is it?
14th March 2014, 11:40 PM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
I tried that before and it didnt work. I have d80020c

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Top Threads in G2 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank