How to Control Both Moto G and Moto E LEDs

Notification LEDs offer a great way to check for notification at a glance on the Moto G (2013) and … more

LG G3 Receives Oversharpening Fix via Modified Kernel

Nothing is perfect, as they say. No matter how alluring or seemingly perfect, … more

APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Rooting

OP zakarmstrong18

13th March 2014, 04:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
I ran ioroot24 on my lg g2, thinking it would root it. I did everything it said and it finished and my phone restarted and I didn't have root. Anyone know what happened. I have d80020c 4.4.2

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
13th March 2014, 04:31 AM   |  #2  
snowlin's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 47
 
138 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakarmstrong18

I ran ioroot24 on my lg g2, thinking it would root it. I did everything it said and it finished and my phone restarted and I didn't have root. Anyone know what happened. I have d80020c 4.4.2

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

There's no easy root for 4.4.2 as of right now.

You would need to downgrade to 4.2.2, re-root and install custom recovery > then follow this : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2665985
13th March 2014, 04:31 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
Ok

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
13th March 2014, 04:37 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowlin

There's no easy root for 4.4.2 as of right now.

You would need to downgrade to 4.2.2, re-root and install custom recovery > then follow this : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2665985

I already used it though and it went through with no root. Any leftovers from it

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
13th March 2014, 05:06 AM   |  #5  
XxZombiePikachu's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,501
 
2,538 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakarmstrong18

I already used it though and it went through with no root. Any leftovers from it

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

how about this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2672931

it's the one I used and for the past week I've had root and custom recovery
13th March 2014, 05:34 AM   |  #6  
player911's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 913
 
6,862 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2006
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu

how about this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2672931

it's the one I used and for the past week I've had root and custom recovery

There is no root or custom recovery for KitKat 4.4.2 as stated in the second post.

You CAN keep root if you go back to stock and flash a certain order.

LG fixed the Loki exploit used before. So they're trying other alternatives but nothing yet.

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
13th March 2014, 05:41 AM   |  #7  
XxZombiePikachu's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,501
 
2,538 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Yes there is root and custom recovery on 4.4.2 right now only for d800 and d801 and that thread explains what to do for d800 honestly did you not read I am also on 4.4.2 right now with root and recovery and we have had it since a week ago

Sent from my LG-D800 running kitkat using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
15th March 2014, 12:22 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu

Yes there is root and custom recovery on 4.4.2 right now only for d800 and d801 and that thread explains what to do for d800 honestly did you not read I am also on 4.4.2 right now with root and recovery and we have had it since a week ago

Sent from my LG-D800 running kitkat using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Where is it?
15th March 2014, 12:40 AM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
I tried that before and it didnt work. I have d80020c

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes