Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,775 Members 40,854 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Possibly corrupted bootloader going from CM10.1 to 11

Tip us?

portsample
Old
(Last edited by portsample; 11th March 2014 at 05:14 AM.) Reason: clarity
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Possibly corrupted bootloader going from CM10.1 to 11

The phone battery on my Defy+ running CM10.1 died while connected to RSD Lite. I was able to get things going again using the McGyver USB cord hack, however all I see now is a black screen unless I am hooked up to RSD Lite and downloading at which point I see, "SW UPDATE IN PROGRESS...". RSD Lite appears to be loading software successfully, however none of the loaded ROMs have booted. I cannot see any of the boot loader icons, (red Motorola logo, or Android with the question mark in a triangle), and I can not get the white writing down the left margin after holding the "up" button while powering on. Pressing the on-off switch does cause RSD Lite to show that the device is connected, and pressing the button again causes a disconnect.
Is my device irretrievably bricked? TIA.

turffe
Old
Thanks Meter 197
No, your device isn't bricked, Defy not possible to brick. You simply flashed lower version SBF that is on you phone. Since you have Defy+ you'll need to flash 4.5.1-134_DFP-231 BL7 sbf to get working phone again.

Sent from my Atrix 2 using Tapatalk.
The Following User Says Thank You to turffe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pgreed
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by turffe View Post
No, your device isn't bricked, Defy not possible to brick. You simply flashed lower version SBF that is on you phone. Since you have Defy+ you'll need to flash 4.5.1-134_DFP-231 BL7 sbf to get working phone again.

Defy is difficult but not impossible to brick!

portsample
Old
(Last edited by portsample; 11th March 2014 at 03:36 PM.) Reason: clarity
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by turffe View Post

Where can I download this? I've been working through the SBF files here: "http://sbf.droid-developers.org/", but the one you mentioned isn't one of them. Thanks.

portsample
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Got it.
Flashed "DEFYPLUS_U3_4.5.1-134_DFP-231_ND_SIGN_UCADEFYEMARAB1B80AA004.0R_PDS03C_USAJR DNGIBRRTNORD_P011_A013_Service1FF", and that fixed everything.
Tags
bootloader, defy+, white light