[Q] Possibly corrupted bootloader going from CM10.1 to 11

OP portsample

11th March 2014, 04:28 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

19 posts
The phone battery on my Defy+ running CM10.1 died while connected to RSD Lite. I was able to get things going again using the McGyver USB cord hack, however all I see now is a black screen unless I am hooked up to RSD Lite and downloading at which point I see, "SW UPDATE IN PROGRESS...". RSD Lite appears to be loading software successfully, however none of the loaded ROMs have booted. I cannot see any of the boot loader icons, (red Motorola logo, or Android with the question mark in a triangle), and I can not get the white writing down the left margin after holding the "up" button while powering on. Pressing the on-off switch does cause RSD Lite to show that the device is connected, and pressing the button again causes a disconnect.
Is my device irretrievably bricked? TIA.
Last edited by portsample; 11th March 2014 at 05:14 AM. Reason: clarity
11th March 2014, 08:14 AM   |  #2  
Flag Kaunas
Thanks Meter: 201

393 posts
More
No, your device isn't bricked, Defy not possible to brick. You simply flashed lower version SBF that is on you phone. Since you have Defy+ you'll need to flash 4.5.1-134_DFP-231 BL7 sbf to get working phone again.

Sent from my Atrix 2 using Tapatalk.
The Following User Says Thank You to turffe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th March 2014, 09:48 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 66

332 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by turffe

No, your device isn't bricked, Defy not possible to brick. You simply flashed lower version SBF that is on you phone. Since you have Defy+ you'll need to flash 4.5.1-134_DFP-231 BL7 sbf to get working phone again.

Defy is difficult but not impossible to brick!
11th March 2014, 02:43 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turffe

Where can I download this? I've been working through the SBF files here: "http://sbf.droid-developers.org/", but the one you mentioned isn't one of them. Thanks.
Last edited by portsample; 11th March 2014 at 03:36 PM. Reason: clarity
13th March 2014, 03:40 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

19 posts
Got it.
Flashed "DEFYPLUS_U3_4.5.1-134_DFP-231_ND_SIGN_UCADEFYEMARAB1B80AA004.0R_PDS03C_USAJR DNGIBRRTNORD_P011_A013_Service1FF", and that fixed everything.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bootloader, defy+, white light
Previous Thread Next Thread