Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,614 Members 40,621 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Looking to update from 4.2.2 stock ROM

Tip us?

kevinjaems
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Looking to update from 4.2.2 stock ROM

Hey guys, I got a Kindle Fire 2 here that I installed a 4.2.2 Jellybean Stock ROM about a year ago. While it's served me well, it has a few issues. I'm looking to see if you guys would recommend any particular ROM to install?

Furthermore, I tried looking at the CyanogenMod for Kindle Fire 2, but I'm not entirely sure what's the difference between CM10.1 Nightlies and CM11 Nightlies. I see people in a CM11 thread asking for Official CM10.1 nightlies, but I'm confused as I would think CM11 would be better?

Thanks in advance fellas.

mindmajick
Old
Thanks Meter 2892

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinjaems View Post
Hey guys, I got a Kindle Fire 2 here that I installed a 4.2.2 Jellybean Stock ROM about a year ago. While it's served me well, it has a few issues. I'm looking to see if you guys would recommend any particular ROM to install?

Furthermore, I tried looking at the CyanogenMod for Kindle Fire 2, but I'm not entirely sure what's the difference between CM10.1 Nightlies and CM11 Nightlies. I see people in a CM11 thread asking for Official CM10.1 nightlies, but I'm confused as I would think CM11 would be better?

Thanks in advance fellas.
Cm11 is better (it's the latest and greatest). Less bugs and runs faster. Honestly there are very few knowledgeable people in these forums. . Hence the questions. Also- there are no new cm10.1 nightlies.

What particular issues are you trying to resolve? Maybe I can point you in the right direction.

-》Sent from my mind to your screen.