Ask a question

No registration required

Looking to update from 4.2.2 stock ROM

OP kevinjaems

12th March 2014, 08:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hey guys, I got a Kindle Fire 2 here that I installed a 4.2.2 Jellybean Stock ROM about a year ago. While it's served me well, it has a few issues. I'm looking to see if you guys would recommend any particular ROM to install?

Furthermore, I tried looking at the CyanogenMod for Kindle Fire 2, but I'm not entirely sure what's the difference between CM10.1 Nightlies and CM11 Nightlies. I see people in a CM11 thread asking for Official CM10.1 nightlies, but I'm confused as I would think CM11 would be better?

Thanks in advance fellas.
13th March 2014, 05:06 AM   |  #2  
Flag Cape Coral, FL
Thanks Meter: 2,988

3,695 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinjaems

Hey guys, I got a Kindle Fire 2 here that I installed a 4.2.2 Jellybean Stock ROM about a year ago. While it's served me well, it has a few issues. I'm looking to see if you guys would recommend any particular ROM to install?

Furthermore, I tried looking at the CyanogenMod for Kindle Fire 2, but I'm not entirely sure what's the difference between CM10.1 Nightlies and CM11 Nightlies. I see people in a CM11 thread asking for Official CM10.1 nightlies, but I'm confused as I would think CM11 would be better?

Thanks in advance fellas.

Cm11 is better (it's the latest and greatest). Less bugs and runs faster. Honestly there are very few knowledgeable people in these forums. . Hence the questions. Also- there are no new cm10.1 nightlies.

What particular issues are you trying to resolve? Maybe I can point you in the right direction.

-》Sent from my mind to your screen.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread