Earlier i found out that my sim card was the one responsible for the sudden reboots of my Xperia T. Does anybody know how to fix this? I am currently on stock JB 4.3 with locked boot loader.
Thanks for the help
I would like to post my 2 cents here too, cause this is bug or whatever it is so annoying that I want to smash my Xperia against the wall.
It started shortly after I upgraded my Xperia T to 4.3 (.295). First I thought it is caused by wrong USIM placement, but even if I pull it out and follow the click to be sure it is placed properly, reboots appear from time to time. I was trying to track the source of this with "standard" steps like factory reset, installing apps and do settings without using Backup&Restore app, testing another USIM however without success, using phone with/without microSD card. I even upgraded to latest bugfixing .199 today but those damn reboots persists.
Maybe these observations will help to solve this issue:
- reboots appear usually after using apps using internet connection (mostly local news, gmail, Chrome etc) and, whats interesting, when screen is off
- mostly when on HSPA, not wi-fi
- when I play music, using PowerAmp, not tested on other mainly because I have no other installed
- sometimes after the call
- once or twice it happened when unlocking the phone
- reboots stops only if battery is totally drained or if I notice smell of the the burning flesh of my thigh and I put my screen on/or reinsert USIM.
I will observe more, but Im loosing patience
There were no reboots when on stock 4.1.2 with locked bootloader with root. I also had to turn off SIM card lock, because I need to be reachable. I like this phone, 4.3 is nicely done but this is driving me mad. I consider to downgrade and visit my local vendor, but beforehand I decided to ask community.
Sorry if this is discussed somewhere else here, I just spotted this post and added my POW. Thanks for your help
Well, I have finally isolated issue and it is not related to cellular handovers. Reboots are caused by faulty mechanism holding SIM card in place. Despite I hear and feel obvious "click" indicating SIM card is in place and mounted, it is not. After undefined time SIM card gets loosed and you can take it out very easily. Not sure if this is just me or it is a construction issue, but I saw too many posts regarding reboots. Time to check guts of your Xperia folks..