Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,401 Members 38,537 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Q700i: 3G on both SIM slots

Tip us?

whiz_manas
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy [Q] Q700i: 3G on both SIM slots

Hey guys,

I purchased Q700i recently and could not find a way to enable 3G network on both SIMs. I understand that I can use only one SIM at a single time for data, but I have 2 SIM and both are 3G enabled and I need to alternate between using them. Moto G supports 3G on both SIM by default.

Earlier, I had a very basic entry level android phone (Micromax A50) and even this INR 4K phone supported 3G on both the SIMs.

Any idea if this can be done? Or basically it is a hardware limitation with Q700i?

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to whiz_manas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rajit
Old
Thanks Meter 622

DONATE TO ME
First if all you are using xolo not mmx a50.
2nd its software limitation.

And bro before creating a thread search is must..

Regards
\\// Android Forum \\//
The Following User Says Thank You to rajit For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

whiz_manas
Old
(Last edited by whiz_manas; 13th March 2014 at 07:05 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajit View Post
First if all you are using xolo not mmx a50.
2nd its software limitation.

And bro before creating a thread search is must..

Regards
Thanks Rajit for your response.
Yes, I understand about the difference between the two phones; but my question was regarding the limitation. If software, we can probably patch it. If it's hardware, we are stuck. Also, comparison with MMX was to differentiate that even a 4K mobile had this functionality (had it been a hardware limitation).
I tried searching around, but could not find it. Can you please share the link if you have it.

Edit: Also, if you can tell me how to enable it without installing custom ROMs... it would be great.

Thanks,

whiz_manas
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiz_manas View Post
Thanks Rajit for your response.
Yes, I understand about the difference between the two phones; but my question was regarding the limitation. If software, we can probably patch it. If it's hardware, we are stuck. Also, comparison with MMX was to differentiate that even a 4K mobile had this functionality (had it been a hardware limitation).
I tried searching around, but could not find it. Can you please share the link if you have it.

Edit: Also, if you can tell me how to enable it without installing custom ROMs... it would be great.

Thanks,
Rajit: Are you sure the 3G not enabled on SIM2 is a software limitation? I went to Engineering Mode, and in the Band Mode it shows UMTS only in SIM1 and not SIM2. Not sure if this is any indication.

Please comment. I need to understand if I would be able to use 2 3G SIM cards on my phone or not (of course using a single 3G at any particular time)