Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,438 Members 44,604 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I have a couple of questions, what is the dev edition

Tip us?

wily5150
Old
(Last edited by wily5150; 13th March 2014 at 09:34 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [Q] I have a couple of questions, what is the dev edition

I just bought the note 3, and now I'm seeing the dev edition. What is that? What is the difference? And, when will the note 3 be getting kitkat? Google released the code, didn't they? And, what's up with the locked bootloader? I had the gs3 and it had a locked bootloader, unlocking it was no problem. I'm asuming the note 3 is different? Why can't we use cwm for recovery? Thanks

cam30era
Old
Thanks Meter 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by wily5150 View Post
I just bought the note 3, and now I'm seeing the dev edition. What is that? What is the difference? And, when will the note 3 be getting kitkat? Google released the code, didn't they? And, what's up with the locked bootloader? I had the gs3 and it had a locked bootloader, unlocking it was no problem. I'm asuming the note 3 is different? Why can't we use cwm for recovery? Thanks
The only difference with the Developer Edition, is the bootloader is unlocked. You can only use Hashcode's Safestrap for flashing ROMs. You can't use CWM, becuase you can not flash a custom kernel, because of locked bootloader. Only Verizon knows when Retail N3 will get 4.4.2.