[Q] I have a couple of questions, what is the dev edition

OP wily5150

13th March 2014, 10:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Holiday, Florida
Thanks Meter: 6

162 posts
More
I just bought the note 3, and now I'm seeing the dev edition. What is that? What is the difference? And, when will the note 3 be getting kitkat? Google released the code, didn't they? And, what's up with the locked bootloader? I had the gs3 and it had a locked bootloader, unlocking it was no problem. I'm asuming the note 3 is different? Why can't we use cwm for recovery? Thanks
Last edited by wily5150; 13th March 2014 at 10:34 AM.
13th March 2014, 01:12 PM   |  #2  
Columbus, Indiana
Thanks Meter: 454

1,808 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wily5150

I just bought the note 3, and now I'm seeing the dev edition. What is that? What is the difference? And, when will the note 3 be getting kitkat? Google released the code, didn't they? And, what's up with the locked bootloader? I had the gs3 and it had a locked bootloader, unlocking it was no problem. I'm asuming the note 3 is different? Why can't we use cwm for recovery? Thanks

The only difference with the Developer Edition, is the bootloader is unlocked. You can only use Hashcode's Safestrap for flashing ROMs. You can't use CWM, becuase you can not flash a custom kernel, because of locked bootloader. Only Verizon knows when Retail N3 will get 4.4.2.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread