5,599,677 Members 46,691 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Running current Crackle TV 4.0.3 on CM11 Nightlies...

Tip us?

nismopc
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Running current Crackle TV 4.0.3 on CM11 Nightlies...

Not sure how many people use Crackle TV on their Nook's or if this fix has been discovered yet.

I thoroughly enjoy watching the older TV series as well as some of the older movies they offer and it's one of my primary apps always installed on my Android devices.

I installed CM11 2/2/14 Nightly and the Crackle TV app would not allow me to download via Google Play due to incompatibility. I tried the older version 2.3.8 which always seems to work, but could not get it to work. Would continually force close when attempting to open.

I backed up the current 4.0.3 apk from my non-rooted Motorola Razr M using ES File Explorer (again non-rooted), zipped the file and saved it off. Copied the file over to the Nook Color, unzipped it and installed it. Installation went fine, and the app ran successfully, but when I tried watching video, it would shake and stutter and was unstable to watch.

After tweaking different settings in Developer options, I tried Disable HW overlays (Always use GPU for screen compositing) and Crackle now works perfectly.
Nook Color: Running CMx - Whatever floats my boat at that specific time.
Motorola RAZR M: Sucks...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nismopc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

IFLATLINEI
Old
(Last edited by IFLATLINEI; 13th March 2014 at 12:34 PM.)
Thanks Meter 44
Thanks a lot for this tip. For the last couple years my Nook has been mainly used for watching TV shows and movies on Netflix, Hulu+, and now Crackle. Yesterday I finally upgraded to CM 11 from CM10 and its awesome. My Nook hasnt run this well since the Gingerbread days.

I took then crackle apk from my Nexus 7 and worked perfectly.
The Following User Says Thank You to IFLATLINEI For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]