5,603,646 Members 37,287 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is the Moto G a waterproof phone?

Tip us?

h4mza
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Is the Moto G a waterproof phone?

I was watching the scratch test video and saw the guy put this phone in the sink and it still works. I had no idea whether it is waterproof or not, I just bought it as it was a good phone for a good price but does anyone know if Moto G is really waterproof or not?

ares93
Old
Thanks Meter 83
It isnt water proof. Nothing is water proof. The moto g is in spite of being a mainstream phone, highly water resistant however. That means, dont try it for fun, but if it takes a swim, it will most likely be fine.
Moto G 8GB - Atrix 4G (RIP) - HTC HD2 (RIP/New unit ordered.)
The Following User Says Thank You to ares93 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

_ghiottone
Old
Thanks Meter 81

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by h4mza View Post
I was watching the scratch test video and saw the guy put this phone in the sink and it still works. I had no idea whether it is waterproof or not, I just bought it as it was a good phone for a good price but does anyone know if Moto G is really waterproof or not?
No. It has an oleophobic coating whic is not waterproof.
Motorola Moto G --- " 'AANNG 'HOOT'" (= La verdad esta lejos de aqui)
The Following User Says Thank You to _ghiottone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mjjferreira
Old
Thanks Meter 9
There's a video on youtube with a test of water resistant on a moto g.

The moto went 30 seconds under water and it survived with no damage!

It's not water proof, but it can survive an 'accident'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Miguel Ferreira
PORTUGAL
-----------------------------------
iPad Air 16GB
iPhone 5S 16GB
Motorola Moto G 8GB ( .de version )
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mjjferreira For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ksuuk
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by h4mza View Post
Well, when water goes in, less comes out, so kind of yes

mgaramol
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Am I just THAT unlucky??

So... I accidentally dropped my five-days old Moto G on the toilet, rescued it after three seconds tops, dried it super carefully, put it on rice to absorb any possible water drop on it and still not working. The notification light (the small white one right next to the front camera) is going in and out while connected to the charger or the laptop. Any ideas on how to make it work again??

Why did it work perfectly to the people who made the waterproof Youtube video and it stayed on the water for half an hour and mine is not working!?? waterproof my @#... That or I'm the unluckiest person of the day!

Any suggestion will be much appreciated! Thanks

coolcowboy
Old
Thanks Meter 28
How Moto G repels water...