XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Issue on CM 11 Android kitkat 4.4 Link2sd inefficiency to link dex files

Tip us?

ahmetakin
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by pritishp333 View Post
hey but gapps has no problem with this rom, iam just talking mainly about that link2sd thing...someone please stop that GODDAMN "Android is Upgrading" Thing

Regarding FM Radio, you can download "spirit FM" from playstore
which spirit fm support fit?

awayssg
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by pritishp333 View Post
(i had to recreate my account on xda, because i forgot my password, that's why forced to post in Q&A section, instead of replying to the main thread)

I tried cm 11 alpha 3&4 by yajnab and since the ROM is alpha, there are some bugs, but the one which bothers me most is:
Link2sd links all three (apk,lib&dex) files to sd-ext, after linking successfully i got some 70+ MB free internal storage, but after a reboot at startup android says "Android is upgrading app xx of xx" and by doing so the system copies the linked dex (dalvik cache) files of user apps again into /data/dalvik-cache though they've been linked to sd card and shortcuts were already there to point to the intended dex files, android just plain ignores the shortcut links of link2sd and recreates the whole goddamn dalvik cache for user apps, causing a severe memory shortage, i don't exactly know what causes this problem, maybe improper int.d support maybe jenkins kernal issue ?

other bugs include (for cm 11 alpha 4 by yajnab):
*Lock screen clock needs a resizing
*dialer needs a resizing
*kernal doesnt support swap (therefore RAM expander/swapper ain't working)
*ART runtime option aint working, after selecting ART and after rebooting system agian swithces to dalvik runtime
*should include inbuilt gapps to save more space
*while playing music in a music app, if you do multitasking the music experiances glitches (So kernal needs a tweaking i guess), this effect is more pronounced in alpha 3 (alpha 4 is a bit better)

rest everything is working fine and smooth (as far as i discovered)

any fix for the link2sd thing ???
any update the ROM might require ?
or its not possible in CM 11 to prevent system from "unrecognizing" linked dex files ?
Have you create 2nd partition on FAT 32 ? Re-check your config, need set FAT32 to.