No registration required

Default casting without having to select

OP lemonspeakers

13th March 2014, 07:04 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 92

1,533 posts
I, like many other people, have only 1 TV and 1 chromecast device. Every time I'd like to cast media, it asks which device I'd like it to cast to. Since I only have 1 option, why doesn't it just default to selecting it already?
That second step that makes you select which TV to "cast" onto becomes annoying, especially when I only have 1 TV to cast upon.

How can make that single chromecast be default so I don't have to choose every time whenever I decide to cast media onto the big screen?
Last edited by lemonspeakers; 13th March 2014 at 07:07 PM.
13th March 2014, 07:28 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 324

1,884 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonspeakers

I, like many other people, have only 1 TV and 1 chromecast device. Every time I'd like to cast media, it asks which device I'd like it to cast to. Since I only have 1 option, why doesn't it just default to selecting it already?
That second step that makes you select which TV to "cast" onto becomes annoying, especially when I only have 1 TV to cast upon.

How can make that single chromecast be default so I don't have to choose every time whenever I decide to cast media onto the big screen?

Because that Cast Button is for more than just starting a cast it is also used to get control of a cast that has already started.

The Cast button isn't just a cast button it is a Cast MENU that allows you to see what state the CCast is in (if the App codes it correctly) and if in a Casting state ask you if you want control.

If you made it a one button operation it would be easy to cast to a a device you hadn't intended and/or ruin a cast someone else was watching all because you accidentally hit the cast button.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread