Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,614 Members 41,471 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Default casting without having to select

Tip us?

lemonspeakers
Old
(Last edited by lemonspeakers; 13th March 2014 at 06:07 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 90
Default Default casting without having to select

I, like many other people, have only 1 TV and 1 chromecast device. Every time I'd like to cast media, it asks which device I'd like it to cast to. Since I only have 1 option, why doesn't it just default to selecting it already?
That second step that makes you select which TV to "cast" onto becomes annoying, especially when I only have 1 TV to cast upon.

How can make that single chromecast be default so I don't have to choose every time whenever I decide to cast media onto the big screen?

Asphyx
Old
Thanks Meter 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonspeakers View Post
I, like many other people, have only 1 TV and 1 chromecast device. Every time I'd like to cast media, it asks which device I'd like it to cast to. Since I only have 1 option, why doesn't it just default to selecting it already?
That second step that makes you select which TV to "cast" onto becomes annoying, especially when I only have 1 TV to cast upon.

How can make that single chromecast be default so I don't have to choose every time whenever I decide to cast media onto the big screen?
Because that Cast Button is for more than just starting a cast it is also used to get control of a cast that has already started.

The Cast button isn't just a cast button it is a Cast MENU that allows you to see what state the CCast is in (if the App codes it correctly) and if in a Casting state ask you if you want control.

If you made it a one button operation it would be easy to cast to a a device you hadn't intended and/or ruin a cast someone else was watching all because you accidentally hit the cast button.