References on custom rom guide

Search This thread

topgun303

Sep 19, 2010
springfield va
Can anyone link me to the guide on how to make TW custom roms for newbees.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Anonymous777

Jun 17, 2012
Salt Lake City
You can use ROM installer, goo.im, ROM toolbox pro, which all allow you to dl a custom rom and gapps. Those are all in the playstore. I'm guessing that's what you meant, your question wasn't very descriptive...

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dragonstalker

Jan 1, 2008
Fort Myers, Fla

Thanks in advance.

you will need a linux box of some sort.

I use both DsiXDA Kitchen moddified with new smali and back smali updates and new supersu, and the Archi kitchen from the repo he has as it has new updated perms and symlink processes, also an updated deodexing process.

there's no 'real' that i know of newbie way of making roms. You just have to play around with the kitchens and then code and mod the framework and systemui apk's by hand.

dwitherell

Retired Forum Moderator
May 2, 2011

I use both DsiXDA Kitchen moddified with new smali and back smali updates and new supersu, and the Archi kitchen from the repo he has as it has new updated perms and symlink processes, also an updated deodexing process.

there's no 'real' that i know of newbie way of making roms. You just have to play around with the kitchens and then code and mod the framework and systemui apk's by hand.

Sometimes I kick myself for never looking at those kitchens... they sure do seem to make it the process easier for folks. It's sort of deflating when you get it all figured out then see the result of an automated process that looks nearly identical... and took far less effort lol :)

AxAtAx

Mar 14, 2011
ViSiON,Texas
Sometimes I kick myself for never looking at those kitchens... they sure do seem to make it the process easier for folks. It's sort of deflating when you get it all figured out then see the result of an automated process that looks nearly identical... and took far less effort lol :)

You don't use kitchen? wow, who'd thought...wow...I use this one, and it is unbelievable... ArchiKitchen-dsixda
If you want a copy, let me know....does all of the needed dir all at once...:good::good: faster than the original...
PM if you want, I may not get back here for awhile...:)

---------- Post added at 07:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 AM ----------

Thanks in advance.

Good guides in the original Android forum....search for this, it should take you to the correct threads...
ArchiKitchen-dsixda

good luck, and hope all goes well....:good:

Reactions: topgun303

dwitherell

Retired Forum Moderator
May 2, 2011
You don't use kitchen? wow, who'd thought...wow...I use this one, and it is unbelievable... ArchiKitchen-dsixda
If you want a copy, let me know....does all of the needed dir all at once...:good::good: faster than the original...

No worries - I tend to go about things my own funny little way anyway :) I usually just dd a live /system (usually mount it in linux to pull out the stuff I need) and ls -ZR /system to get the perms/ownership/contexts/symlinks info I need to put an updater-script together.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

---------- Post added at 07:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 AM ----------

Thanks in advance.

Good guides in the original Android forum....search for this, it should take you to the correct threads...
    ArchiKitchen-dsixda

good luck, and hope all goes well....:good: