Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Toolkit Development Started ~ Taking Feature Request and Ideas

OP ajster1989

11th February 2014, 11:23 PM   |  #31  
Flag Carrboro, NC
Thanks Meter: 77

258 posts
More
looking for any way to back up EFS with stock recovery
I recently bricked a replacement S4 by recovering a TWRP backup to a new phone and wiped out the EFS partition. So my big think is backing up the EFS partition before making major changes like recoveries, ROMs, etc . I've gotten nowhere with the EFS Pro process and don't know enough to know why but it seems like either Knox is stopping a suspicious process or the SELinux enforced status is causing the problems. If you've got any way to back up EFS without breaking Knox, installing a custom recovery or any other permanent change, I'd love to see it in your tool. I plan to change the recovery and ROM as soon as I have a usable EFS backup so I'll give up on Knox before changing recoveries or ROMs. I'm using a N900T on AT&T. Just trying to be secure before risking a full-retail-price phone.

How about AT&T changes like the APN settings and maybe the build.prop so I can get some of the AT&T utilities?

I'm ready to test when you have anything.
12th February 2014, 10:53 PM   |  #32  
OP Senior Member
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 380

513 posts
Donate to Me
More
I am looking at doing a build prop editor, but later release. As for APN settings, maybe a guide, but it's pretty easy to change. Unlocking tool will be in 2nd update hopefully.

This last week's been slow, just replaced my N900T because I dropped my last one. Now rooted w/ knox 0x0 and everything still showing official too. I think I'm going to go with a mixture of Vroot followed by a cleanup script for the toolkit rooting KNOX 0x0 option. Slow processed right now.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to ajster1989 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th February 2014, 10:55 PM   |  #33  
OP Senior Member
Flag NYC

513 posts
Donate to Me
More
I've been using Xprivacy to monitor what apps request what data, so fast after Vroot I haven't seen any apps requesting my personal info or phone info like IMEI. Sooo, I'm going to day Vroot is a good option for getting around KNOX.

13th February 2014, 02:31 AM   |  #34  
Thanks Meter: 51

137 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajster1989

I've been using Xprivacy to monitor what apps request what data, so fast after Vroot I haven't seen any apps requesting my personal info or phone info like IMEI. Sooo, I'm going to day Vroot is a good option for getting around KNOX.

Why not use root de la vega?

(I'm aware it trips knox if you're past MI7)

15th February 2014, 07:05 PM   |  #35  
OP Senior Member
Flag NYC

513 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by useltonm

Why not use root de la vega?

(I'm aware it trips knox if you're past MI7)

Several reasons, biggest being they don't want there files redistributed, says on there thread.

Second for a person that is new to rooting I believe that the process can be a bit much. It's almost an intro into Linux and Android just to get the phone rooted with there method, and if a newb isn't paying attention to there build number I don't want them *itching to be about it afterwards because they voided there warranty. With Vroot it either works or it doesn't. From what I've tested they don't offer a method that triggers KNOX.
Last edited by ajster1989; 15th February 2014 at 07:09 PM.
16th February 2014, 02:47 AM   |  #36  
Thanks Meter: 51

137 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajster1989

Several reasons, biggest being they don't want there files redistributed, says on there thread.

Second for a person that is new to rooting I believe that the process can be a bit much. It's almost an intro into Linux and Android just to get the phone rooted with there method, and if a newb isn't paying attention to there build number I don't want them *itching to be about it afterwards because they voided there warranty. With Vroot it either works or it doesn't. From what I've tested they don't offer a method that triggers KNOX.

Makes perfect sense. Thank you for the info
The Following User Says Thank You to useltonm For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th March 2014, 03:30 PM   |  #37  
OP Senior Member
Flag NYC

513 posts
Donate to Me
More
Just an Update for those of you that are wondering. Working on some dumpsys issues. Sorry its taking a really long fracking time.

This is going to be one of the first things that gets tested. Thanks!

13th March 2014, 09:52 PM   |  #38  
Flag Colorado Springs, CO
Thanks Meter: 152

534 posts
Donate to Me
More
Default tmobile build prop settings

Sent from my SM-N9005T using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread