[ROM][4.3.1]Unofficial SlimBean build I9295 20140316-2010

Search This thread

kangoodroid

Feb 28, 2013
Better performance and battery life

Hi,

I've just installed the latest Version of this ROM and everything is working fine (except of the 720p Video) :)

I only wanted to mention that I have about 25 percent (2h) longer battery life using your Rom, which is really nice :good:

German Language pack works fine too (there are some english words in the Settings app but that does not matter)

Looking Forward to the next update :D

bnume

Feb 2, 2009
Same here... only problem i had was the app Google Drive... anything else rocks like a charm - quick as a jaguar to.
Damn good work!

spegelius

Mar 29, 2011
Oulu
Same here... only problem i had was the app Google Drive... anything else rocks like a charm - quick as a jaguar to.
Damn good work!

Hmm, i'll have to do a repo sync and make a new build when i get some time. Currently trying to get CM11 to boot and phone is in development mode all the time :). BTW, is you install the gapps from SlimRoms page or generic gapps? The logcat you sent looked like something google related is not installed properly.

bnume

Feb 2, 2009
Hmm, i'll have to do a repo sync and make a new build when i get some time. Currently trying to get CM11 to boot and phone is in development mode all the time :). BTW, is you install the gapps from SlimRoms page or generic gapps? The logcat you sent looked like something google related is not installed properly.

Oh the CM11 looks nice.... even though the build you made here rocks...

The gapps came from the SlimRoms, but the Google Drive is a Google Play app... something in the image that makes it crash, not very important :)

spegelius

Mar 29, 2011
Oulu
There'll be no cocaine here. But i'll be revisiting SlimBean during weekend, now i'm taking a bit off from android work since CM11 seems to be working dandy. brb

Reactions: nasaprinsloo

spegelius

Mar 29, 2011
Oulu
That took longer planned. But anyways, been testing some things with the camera etc, results:
  • sub-1080p video recording fixed :). This bug has been with every rom i built since i started tinkering with Android. And now it's fixed... yay :D
  • HDR still FC's when taking picture, but now i've located the code responsible for the crash. I'll look into CM how it's done there, hopefully it can be fixed
  • Moved all props to github, now they come when syncing with Slim roomservice.xml
  • Included all latest pre-CM11 kernel changes
  • Google Drive FC's. Seems that's not a new problem with Slim users, but no good explanation found yet.
  • tuned some audo volumes etc. so check video results. Also compare picture quality. Seems good to me though...

Build Slim-jactiveltexx-4.3.build.2.1-UNOFFICIAL-20140313-1814.zip uploading now.

spegelius

Mar 29, 2011
Oulu
Another build Slim-jactiveltexx-4.3.build.2.1-UNOFFICIAL-20140316-2010.zip:

• HDR doesn't crash the camera anymore. However, looking at logcat tells me pictures propably aren't hdr, seems Active's camera parameters need more tweaking

moviecut

May 26, 2010
Lingen
@spegelius: will the be a new slimkat build from you? I whould love it! Thank you so much for all your work!

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9295 mit Tapatalk

Last edited:

spegelius

Mar 29, 2011
Oulu
@spegelius: will the be a new slimkat build from you? I whould love it! Thank you so much for all your work!

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

Yeah, that's on my to do list. But first i need to get all these camera changes to CM11 build and get some other stuff fixed with it.

Reactions: moviecut

el_bazzo

Jul 5, 2007
First I like to thank for this stable and fast ROM. I installed it 2 days ago and the difference to stock performance is incredible. But today i found an (for me) annoying problem. I can't get USB Audio working with my car dock (for playing music). I tried both - enabling and disabling the "Use USB Dock Audio" in the adv. settings but no success. The car dock itself seems to be detected by the phone (let's me choose dock app) but audio is played via the phone speaker. Can somebody help?

nexuspur

Nov 14, 2013
Hey guys I have a few questions 1.is this ROM stable for daily usage? 2. Which kernel comes with it and what kernels can I flash?

Tsaukpaetra

Jan 28, 2011
Seems legit, is this ROM compatible with SafeStrap? I'm going to try it over the weekend, but if it was addressed before I missed it.

spegelius

Mar 29, 2011
Oulu
Hey guys I have a few questions 1.is this ROM stable for daily usage? 2. Which kernel comes with it and what kernels can I flash?

There's only one kernel for 4.3 AOSP roms, that's kernel from @LeJay, with some small stuff from me. Last i tested it (about three months ago maybe?) quite stable. There was a problem with Google Drive... dunno if it's still broken.

Seems legit, is this ROM compatible with SafeStrap? I'm going to try it over the weekend, but if it was addressed before I missed it.

No idea about SafeStrap. My guess is no

nasaprinsloo

Aug 21, 2012
Anyone experiencing the call audio problem after disconnecting from a bluetooth device?

Sent from my GT-I9295 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimBeanOP2.png

An unofficial SlimBean build for S4 Active (I9295)

build 20140316-2010
    SlimRoms: http://slimroms.net/

• device makefiles and kernel originally by LeJay, modified by me to work with Slim
    • sources unmodified from SlimRoms github
    • built by me

DISCLAIMER
    • UNOFFICIAL build, so complain to me, not SlimRom devs
    • I nor SlimRom devs are responsible if something unwanted happens
    • I am not actively developing this, fixes and updates might or might not come and will not come fast

Credits
    SlimRoms: http://slimroms.net/
    LeJay for kernel and device stuff

Bugs
    • Recording audio: second mic not working (how to test this? :) )
    • Camera might hang. Fix: reboot phone. Apparently this is a bug with Quallcom cameras... nothing i can do about it
    • Google Drive FC's
    • You tell me :)

How?
    grab the rom: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BzJzDM42pkRvZzZlOEJxV0ZNZzQ&usp=sharing
    grab gapps: http://slimroms.net/ and Downloads -> Old releases -> Addons 4.3
    factory reset recommended, might need /system format
    flash in CWM (yes, CWM or similar needed)
    flash gapps
    report bugs if new one found

SU: make sure to enable root in Settings->Developer options->Root access

Sources for kernel, device files and roomservice.xml
    https://github.com/spegelius
    That took longer planned. But anyways, been testing some things with the camera etc, results:
    • sub-1080p video recording fixed :). This bug has been with every rom i built since i started tinkering with Android. And now it's fixed... yay :D
    • HDR still FC's when taking picture, but now i've located the code responsible for the crash. I'll look into CM how it's done there, hopefully it can be fixed
    • Moved all props to github, now they come when syncing with Slim roomservice.xml
    • Included all latest pre-CM11 kernel changes
    • Google Drive FC's. Seems that's not a new problem with Slim users, but no good explanation found yet.
    • tuned some audo volumes etc. so check video results. Also compare picture quality. Seems good to me though...

Build Slim-jactiveltexx-4.3.build.2.1-UNOFFICIAL-20140313-1814.zip uploading now.
    Another build Slim-jactiveltexx-4.3.build.2.1-UNOFFICIAL-20140316-2010.zip:

• HDR doesn't crash the camera anymore. However, looking at logcat tells me pictures propably aren't hdr, seems Active's camera parameters need more tweaking
    Damn good work!

Seems to work fine. Thank you.

Any issues with root though?

I came from stock rooted. Formatted and installed and not sure how to get root back

Sent from my GT-I9295 using xda app-developers app

Install the SuperSU.zip from CWM... That's it :)

Sent from my GT-I9295 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app