Need help with restoring my Note 2

OP Adrian92

13th March 2014, 06:36 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
I was doing a factory reset on my Rogers Note 2, and I accidentally wiped the internal storage. So my phone now just stays at the Samsung logo, I have TWRP 2.6.3 I believe, and it says I have no OS installed. So im trying to copy a Rom (zip format) to my phone to install. I figured this would solve my problem, but my computer won't read my phone, it install as an adb device, but doesn't show up in my computer. So I installed the Samsung Galaxy Toolkit, latest version, went through the setup and installed the drivers. When I try to push files to my phone, it says it is waiting for USB debugging to be enabled. I have no idea how to use this, as I've only seen this option in the Android itself. Could anyone help me out on how to copy over a file to my phone so I can reinstall it and get my phone working again, it would be greatly appreciated
13th March 2014, 08:49 AM   |  #2  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 1,439

2,334 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian92

I was doing a factory reset on my Rogers Note 2, and I accidentally wiped the internal storage. So my phone now just stays at the Samsung logo, I have TWRP 2.6.3 I believe, and it says I have no OS installed. So im trying to copy a Rom (zip format) to my phone to install. I figured this would solve my problem, but my computer won't read my phone, it install as an adb device, but doesn't show up in my computer. So I installed the Samsung Galaxy Toolkit, latest version, went through the setup and installed the drivers. When I try to push files to my phone, it says it is waiting for USB debugging to be enabled. I have no idea how to use this, as I've only seen this option in the Android itself. Could anyone help me out on how to copy over a file to my phone so I can reinstall it and get my phone working again, it would be greatly appreciated

Do you have an external sdcard in the phone? If so can you take it out and put into an sdcard reader and plug it int your PC. Then it will show up as a Drive.

If not.....
Do you have just adb.exe by itself ? No?
Download here ... http://androidarea51.com/downloads/adb.zip

Unzip to a directory where you can find it/ Like c:\adb

Reboot your phone into TWRP recovery. Put in down, do not touch it.

Go to a command prompt, cd c:\adb (or wherever you unzipped adb.zip)

type adb push whatevertheromnameis.zip /sdcard/romname.zip

Pick up phone, click install and choose file to install from sdcard

Should work fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to dicksteele For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th March 2014, 10:15 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicksteele

Do you have an external sdcard in the phone? If so can you take it out and put into an sdcard reader and plug it int your PC. Then it will show up as a Drive.

If not.....
Do you have just adb.exe by itself ? No?
Download here ...

Unzip to a directory where you can find it/ Like c:\adb

Reboot your phone into TWRP recovery. Put in down, do not touch it.

Go to a command prompt, cd c:\adb (or wherever you unzipped adb.zip)

type adb push whatevertheromnameis.zip /sdcard/romname.zip

Pick up phone, click install and choose file to install from sdcard

Should work fine.

Hey thanks for the reply, I had nothing to put the sd card into, and pushing the zip didnt work. I ended up installing the zip from adb with the samsung galaxy toolkit and that worked. Thanks for your help, I have another question, could you point me in the right direction on how to upgrade my note 2 to 4.3?
13th March 2014, 10:47 PM   |  #4  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 1,439

2,334 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian92

Hey thanks for the reply, I had nothing to put the sd card into, and pushing the zip didnt work. I ended up installing the zip from adb with the samsung galaxy toolkit and that worked. Thanks for your help, I have another question, could you point me in the right direction on how to upgrade my note 2 to 4.3?

Go to sammobile.com. create an account it's free. 4.3 is available. Click on firmwares and it guide you thru it. By choosing phone model

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to dicksteele For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread