Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Note 10.1 SM-P605 ROM Install problem

OP pilib

12th March 2014, 07:32 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

78 posts
I have a Honk Kong purchased Note 10.1 2014 SM-P605. When I try to install the Vodafone Ireland stock ROM using ODIN I get a fail error at the end of the process with the message 'invalid ext4'. I can install custom ROM's no problem. Does anyone know why it won't install the Stock. Thanks
13th March 2014, 02:55 PM   |  #2  
Flag Waratah
Thanks Meter: 579

4,475 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilib

I have a Honk Kong purchased Note 10.1 2014 SM-P605. When I try to install the Vodafone Ireland stock ROM using ODIN I get a fail error at the end of the process with the message 'invalid ext4'. I can install custom ROM's no problem. Does anyone know why it won't install the Stock. Thanks

Stock carrier roms use a different pit file. The Hidden Partition takes up more space than the standard pit file gives.... Use a generic stock rom, not a carrier rom unless you have the pit file you need to flash...
An incorrect pit file or corrupt pit file can brick your device, tread carefully...
The Following User Says Thank You to ultramag69 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th March 2014, 10:55 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

38 posts
I had the same, a HK device. I flashed it with a UK room from Samsung. You don't need carrier specific. I've had EE and O2 sims in mine and it works perfectly.

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
odin install error, rom problem
Previous Thread Next Thread