Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,261 Members 37,609 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Note 10.1 SM-P605 ROM Install problem

Tip us?

pilib
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Note 10.1 SM-P605 ROM Install problem

I have a Honk Kong purchased Note 10.1 2014 SM-P605. When I try to install the Vodafone Ireland stock ROM using ODIN I get a fail error at the end of the process with the message 'invalid ext4'. I can install custom ROM's no problem. Does anyone know why it won't install the Stock. Thanks

ultramag69
Old
Thanks Meter 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilib View Post
I have a Honk Kong purchased Note 10.1 2014 SM-P605. When I try to install the Vodafone Ireland stock ROM using ODIN I get a fail error at the end of the process with the message 'invalid ext4'. I can install custom ROM's no problem. Does anyone know why it won't install the Stock. Thanks
Stock carrier roms use a different pit file. The Hidden Partition takes up more space than the standard pit file gives.... Use a generic stock rom, not a carrier rom unless you have the pit file you need to flash...
An incorrect pit file or corrupt pit file can brick your device, tread carefully...
If You Disagree Or Think I'm Wrong, Look Closer At My Avatar...
The Following User Says Thank You to ultramag69 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

andythilo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I had the same, a HK device. I flashed it with a UK room from Samsung. You don't need carrier specific. I've had EE and O2 sims in mine and it works perfectly.

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk
Tags
odin install error, rom problem