[Q] AUX audio pops when sound plays?

OP ToastyD

22nd January 2014, 05:51 PM   |  #1  
Hi all

I've had my Note 3 for a while now, rooted w/ Kingo way back. Just recently, every time I plug my phone into an audio source, there's an audible *pop* coming from that source whenever I start playing a song/video. It's kind of like when you turn off an amp or a soundboard and the speaker pops because of the burst of electricity that's going through at the end. Is there a way to fix this? Has anyone else encountered this problem? It's only started happening recently, so I'm kind of confused...
22nd January 2014, 07:50 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 35

104 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToastyD

Hi all

I've had my Note 3 for a while now, rooted w/ Kingo way back. Just recently, every time I plug my phone into an audio source, there's an audible *pop* coming from that source whenever I start playing a song/video. It's kind of like when you turn off an amp or a soundboard and the speaker pops because of the burst of electricity that's going through at the end. Is there a way to fix this? Has anyone else encountered this problem? It's only started happening recently, so I'm kind of confused...

This would happen all the time in my 2013 GMC Sierra. I just turn my head unit off before I plug or unplug it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
22nd January 2014, 08:34 PM   |  #3  
Did you ever find a fix for it? Aside from just turning off the console? It's rather annoying to be listening to my playlist when it pops the speakers every time I get a notification or when the song changes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
13th March 2014, 10:56 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

62 posts
Anyone find a solution to this problem? I just got my replacement note 3 and it started doing this. Anywhere I plug in AUX it does it. When I use Pandora it pops at the beginning and ending of every single song as well as the beginning and ending of every notification sound. I'm wondering if this a hardware issue and if I should request another device.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread