Tip us?

nickfar2000
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Thanks guys!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jibust
Old
(Last edited by jibust; 9th March 2014 at 03:26 PM.)
Thanks Meter 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by floykoe View Post
I haven't been able to find an update newer than 3/3. The change log shows new stuff, but no updates available.

Sent from my GT-N7105
Seems to be affecting All devices, neither of the nexus devices has been receiving nightlies after 3/02

Edit, read this
https://plus.google.com/103315278250...ts/KRpSWfTg4mU

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (t0lteatt)
Rom: Carbon KK
Recovery: TWRP

Device: Nexus 7 2013 16GB (flo)
Rom: ParanoidSaberDroid - AOSPAL
Recovery: TWRP

Phistachio
Old
Recognised Contributor
Thanks Meter 987
Are there any KitKat builds for the N7100?
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - Stock XXDME6 / CM11 4.4 KitKat | XXDME4 Modem | NEAK 2.2 | TWRP 2.6.3.0

Soft bricked/unflashable phone? Check out my Recovery Guide! N7100 and I9100

floykoe
Old
Thanks Meter 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by jibust View Post
Seems to be affecting All devices, neither of the nexus devices has been receiving nightlies after 3/02

Edit, read this
https://plus.google.com/103315278250...ts/KRpSWfTg4mU

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
The S3 just got an update today. Hopefully we will be next
The Following User Says Thank You to floykoe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

floykoe
Old
Thanks Meter 95
I don't see Boeffla anywhere on the change log, but indeed Boeffla is enabled in the 3/10 nightly. It may have been there before and I never noticed it. You can control it with the DSP Audio app (stock with the ROM) or with the Boeffla Sound Control app (or both). If you want the Boeffla equalizer (and yes you do), then you need the Boeffla Sound Control app

No longer do I have to choose between GPS and hearing loss (: I love Carbon!!!

BTW: t0lte has it, but the S3 updates do not. This means that Carbon loves us more than them.

Sent from my GT-N7105

linkinyeah
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by floykoe View Post
I don't see Boeffla anywhere on the change log, but indeed Boeffla is enabled in the 3/10 nightly. It may have been there before and I never noticed it. You can control it with the DSP Audio app (stock with the ROM) or with the Boeffla Sound Control app (or both). If you want the Boeffla equalizer (and yes you do), then you need the Boeffla Sound Control app

No longer do I have to choose between GPS and hearing loss (: I love Carbon!!!

BTW: t0lte has it, but the S3 updates do not. This means that Carbon loves us more than them.

Sent from my GT-N7105
Floykoe, are you using the tolte version on tolteatt? If so, are there any issues I should know about if I try and do the same for my Att Galaxy note 2?

floykoe
Old
Thanks Meter 95
It works beautifully for AT&T. Plus the international version will usually have updates faster than the AT&T version.

Sent from my GT-N7105

linkinyeah
Old
Thanks Meter 17
For those of you who have the 4.3 bootloader and are not able to get this Rom (or any other non Touchwiz Rom) to recognize a signal or sim card, I have found a fix. I downloaded the SELinux Mode Changer app from the play store and then set it to Permissive. Here is a link https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mrbimc.selinux

This was able to do the trick for me on several 4.4 Kit Kat Roms. Hope it helps. I know that there are other ways of setting SELinux to Permissive but this was the easiest for me.

floykoe
Old
Thanks Meter 95
Default GPS disabled

I have been a preoccupied the last few weeks and have not had time to fully examine the location service for this ROM. At one point I thought everything was working, but then I noticed location was not working at times. I am addicted to Tasker and thought these settings might have something to do with it. Today I finally focused my attention on location service and I think I have some answers.

Tasker settings do have to be different for KK, because KK location service operates different than JB. In KK you want to keep location services on and only change the mode. When not using location services, it is best to set mode to Battery Saving with WIFI disabled (if you are not using it). Your device will be able to use the network towers to estimate your location when in battery saving mode. This is good enough for most applications. If you are navigating, you need GPS, which is supposed to be enabled automatically in High Accuracy Mode. This mode is also supposed to be able to use WIFI information and network towers to improve accuracy.

Messing with all the modes and using toggles to turn things on and off, I have concluded that location service is not able to access GPS or use network towers to locate your position. It can only use WIFI if you are connected to the network.

This is a major disappointment. It looks like location service needs a lot of work Or maybe it is just my phone or something that happens to phones with the MK6 bootloader.

Is GPS working for anyone? This analysis was done with Carbon's stock kernel.

In the bright side, Boeffla Sound is working great