XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Couldn't install on. USB storage or SD card

Tip us?

droids@m
Old
Thanks Meter 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by revelat10n View Post
Those hidden folders do not exist with this ROM.

I wound up just installing the Blackout Extreme 4.2.2 release. It doesn't have the issue with installing paid apps. However I did have to pull the Twitter and Instagram Blinkfeed APKs from another ROM as the Blackout Extreme ROM stripped them. The R2 MagioROM stripped Instagram for blinkfeed too (much to my annoyance).
May be its not as Simple as I thought....

Could be the ROM issue.....
Hitting the THANKS can really Help me

nadaall
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Another fix

Hi guys
Just posted this fix in other thread, and thought you might also find it useful.

Just encountered the same problem guys. Searched all over and only solutions I've found was (time-consuming) unmounting the SD Card or deleting the smdl2tmp1.asec file.
Since I can't be bothered to UNMOUNT the SD Card everytime I install the app and the mentioned file can not be found in my system (Note 3) I found 3rd solution which solved my problem.
It works only on phones which have external SD Card.

Here's what you need to do (instruction for dummies )
1. Connect your phone or SD Card to your PC
2. Copy most important folders and files to your hard drive - photos, music, videos, apk's etc. (basically do a backup of those files)
3. Disconnect the phone from your PC
4. Go to settings in your phone (Settings>Storage>SD Card)
5. Format your SD Card.
6. Copy back the folders and files you backed up on your PC.

It worked for me, so I thought I'd share it with those who don't find "unmounting" and deleting smdl2tmp1.asec file helpful.

Hope this helps.
Good luck!!