FORUMS

Nexus & Cookies: A More Focused Direction?

It is that time of the year again, and we are approaching the day where Android fans all over … more

LG G4 US Carrier Release Dates

The LG G4 was announced on April 29th with its Snapdragon 808 SoC, a welcomed change from its higher-end … more

Microsoft Reaches Pre-Install Agreement With New OEMs

As of late, Microsoft has been making a subtle but widespread play into the … more

Discover XDA: Discover Greater

We’ve all been there at some point in our XDA lives; we used to spend hours browsing over the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

T-mobile Galaxy S4 weird version

17th January 2014, 11:04 PM |#1  
OP Member
Flag Teaneck, NJ
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Does anyone know if I can get root from this version?
M919UVAAMG2

I did a google search and "No documents found" came up.
Also searched here, and nothing.

It's my work phone and I use it for web development/testing. Need root access to get to the hosts file.

If anyone has any info, much appreciated.
Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tmo gs4 version.png
Views:	250
Size:	152.4 KB
ID:	2522726  
 
 
17th January 2014, 11:22 PM |#2  
elesbb's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4,675
 
Donate to Me
More
thats an old firmware. Knox (from my knowledge) isnt present in that firmware. Post a screen shot of your download mode to be 100 percent sure though.
12th March 2014, 06:30 AM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Teaneck, NJ
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb

thats an old firmware. Knox (from my knowledge) isnt present in that firmware. Post a screen shot of your download mode to be 100 percent sure though.

hmm.. not sure how to screen shot my download mode but here is what is shows on the top left corner:

ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SGH-M919
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Official
CSB-CONFIG-LSB: KnoxA(0x32)
WRITE PROTECTION: Enable
12th March 2014, 10:04 AM |#4  
elesbb's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4,675
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidchrome

hmm.. not sure how to screen shot my download mode but here is what is shows on the top left corner:

ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SGH-M919
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Official
CSB-CONFIG-LSB: KnoxA(0x32)
WRITE PROTECTION: Enable

from that information it appears You don't have knox.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
12th March 2014, 07:05 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 117
 
More
Yeah with that if you want a newer verision I would Odin flash MDL and put on custom rom and the new radio from MK2
14th March 2014, 12:22 AM |#6  
OP Member
Flag Teaneck, NJ
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArtiszan

Yeah with that if you want a newer verision I would Odin flash MDL and put on custom rom and the new radio from MK2

I've tried Odin flashing to no avail:

M919UVUAMDL_M919TMBAMDL_M919UVUAMDL_HOME.tar.md5
M919UVUEMK2_M919TMBEMK2_M919UVUEMK2_HOME.tar.md5

Recovery mode update.zip (4.4.2 OTA file)

none of these work...

is there a way to reflash everything in Odin? modem, radio, kernel, bootchain, UVUAMDL firmware
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes