XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] "com.android.phone has stopped" Maclaw's CM 11.0

Tip us?

tom1491
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default [Q] "com.android.phone has stopped" Maclaw's CM 11.0

Hello guys. I have used Maclaw's CM11.0 KitKat 4.4 since it was first released. The ROM is good enough to use daily though the camera is still buggy (I don't use camera much). But the 20131127 until 20131207 gave me the "Unfortunately, com.android.phone has stopped" whenever I sent a message to any numbers which has 4 digits and less, but 5 digits up is okay. I just want to know if there is anyone who faces this like me. Can we solve the issue and how? Or we just wait Maclaw to solve the issue in later releases? I'm in trouble because I can't sent any messages to register/deregister internet bundles to the service short code which has only 3 digits...

Sent from my GT-I8190 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

DasKlo
Old
(Last edited by DasKlo; 9th December 2013 at 03:59 PM.) Reason: Forgot to say that it's on Android 4.4.1
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1491 View Post
Hello guys. I have used Maclaw's CM11.0 KitKat 4.4 since it was first released. The ROM is good enough to use daily though the camera is still buggy (I don't use camera much). But the 20131127 until 20131207 gave me the "Unfortunately, com.android.phone has stopped" whenever I sent a message to any numbers which has 4 digits and less, but 5 digits up is okay. I just want to know if there is anyone who faces this like me. Can we solve the issue and how? Or we just wait Maclaw to solve the issue in later releases? I'm in trouble because I can't sent any messages to register/deregister internet bundles to the service short code which has only 3 digits...

Sent from my GT-I8190 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I updated to PAC-man (4.4.1) yesterday and also downloaded the GApps from Maclaw's Site.

But I don't have the bug.
do u have the newest release from the Site? (ROM and GApps)
Maybe install the apps again.
or try to install the AROMA 4.4 GAPPS by Cipher666.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2547250

CounterC
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by DasKlo View Post
I updated to PAC-man (4.4.1) yesterday and also downloaded the GApps from Maclaw's Site.

I encounter this problem too. My carrier allows to check remaining credit by sending consult to 1912. This never works and always gives me the error com.android.phone has stopped.

I will try another Gapps package

tom1491
Old
(Last edited by tom1491; 11th December 2013 at 08:43 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DasKlo View Post

Thanks guy. The latest release (20131310) has fixed the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CounterC View Post
I encounter this problem too. My carrier allows to check remaining credit by sending consult to 1912. This never works and always gives me the error com.android.phone has stopped.

I will try another Gapps package
The issue is now fixed with the latest release. Just update it bro

evilspawnas
Old
(Last edited by evilspawnas; 14th March 2014 at 09:08 AM.)
Thanks Meter 18
For me the issue is not fixed, i have the newest CM 11.0 from mclaw and if i reboot the phone, after i typed in the pin, the phone comes up with the message, that com.android.phone has stopped. sometimes after i tap ok it comes a carrier signal, sometimes dont.
is there any solution about this?

i made full wipe, flashed the rom again, but the issue still exists. i also try to clear the cache from the dialer, of the contacts (hint of an other forum).

What can i do else? Could it be the BAseband? Should i update it?