Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,988 Members 53,551 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need to Downgrade from 4.4.2 to 4.3 to Return to Stock

Tip us?

lihtsout
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Post [Q] Need to Downgrade from 4.4.2 to 4.3 to Return to Stock

I hoping I can get some clarification on this subject. I may have to take my phone into Sprint for either repair or new phone since it will not connect to the newly added 4G network in my area. So going back to stock my be needed for me to do so.

Since the RUU for the 4.4.2 update isn't available yet, is there a way to downgrade back to 4.3 so I can return back to stock? I did the OTA update in stock, then gained root access.

Does the process require me to turn S-Off? I'm currently S-On running Running Bad Boyz Sprint ONE KitKat v1.0.

If I go S-Off, is there a way to turn it back S-On? Not sure if Sprint will look at this setting.

Also, I have the update radio and hboot
HBOOT- 1.56.0000
RADIO- 1.00.20.1108
OS- 4.06.651.4

Will I have to downgrade my hboot as well?

Any help will be much appreciated

Kraizk
Old
Thanks Meter 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by lihtsout View Post
I hoping I can get some clarification on this subject. I may have to take my phone into Sprint for either repair or new phone since it will not connect to the newly added 4G network in my area. So going back to stock my be needed for me to do so.

Since the RUU for the 4.4.2 update isn't available yet, is there a way to downgrade back to 4.3 so I can return back to stock? I did the OTA update in stock, then gained root access.

Does the process require me to turn S-Off? I'm currently S-On running Running Bad Boyz Sprint ONE KitKat v1.0.

If I go S-Off, is there a way to turn it back S-On? Not sure if Sprint will look at this setting.

Also, I have the update radio and hboot
HBOOT- 1.56.0000
RADIO- 1.00.20.1108
OS- 4.06.651.4

Will I have to downgrade my hboot as well?

Any help will be much appreciated
You're S-On. Your only option is to perform a factory reset, flash the stock recovery and re-lock your bootloader.
HTC 8125
HTC Tilt
Samsung Blackjack II
iPhone 3G
iPhone 3GS
iPad
Motorola Atrix
HTC VIVID
HTC Inspire
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
HTC ONE X+
HTC ONE (SPRINT)
Eee Pad Transformer
Eee Pad Transformer Prime
NEXUS 7
The Following User Says Thank You to Kraizk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lihtsout
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraizk View Post
You're S-On. Your only option is to perform a factory reset, flash the stock recovery and re-lock your bootloader.
Thanks

Do you forward me to a thread that has shows me how to do this? I have an idea on how to do it, just want make sure I do it correctly.

ludatrick
Old
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lihtsout View Post
Thanks

Do you forward me to a thread that has shows me how to do this? I have an idea on how to do it, just want make sure I do it correctly.
unlock recovery
install custom recovery
root
s-off with firewater
downgrade hboot to 1.55
relock bootloader
run RUU 4.3.
Tags
downgrade 4.4.2