[Q] Need to Downgrade from 4.4.2 to 4.3 to Return to Stock

OP lihtsout

12th February 2014, 02:02 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
More
I hoping I can get some clarification on this subject. I may have to take my phone into Sprint for either repair or new phone since it will not connect to the newly added 4G network in my area. So going back to stock my be needed for me to do so.

Since the RUU for the 4.4.2 update isn't available yet, is there a way to downgrade back to 4.3 so I can return back to stock? I did the OTA update in stock, then gained root access.

Does the process require me to turn S-Off? I'm currently S-On running Running Bad Boyz Sprint ONE KitKat v1.0.

If I go S-Off, is there a way to turn it back S-On? Not sure if Sprint will look at this setting.

Also, I have the update radio and hboot
HBOOT- 1.56.0000
RADIO- 1.00.20.1108
OS- 4.06.651.4

Will I have to downgrade my hboot as well?

Any help will be much appreciated
12th February 2014, 05:16 PM   |  #2  
Flag American Canyon
Thanks Meter: 338

752 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lihtsout

I hoping I can get some clarification on this subject. I may have to take my phone into Sprint for either repair or new phone since it will not connect to the newly added 4G network in my area. So going back to stock my be needed for me to do so.

Since the RUU for the 4.4.2 update isn't available yet, is there a way to downgrade back to 4.3 so I can return back to stock? I did the OTA update in stock, then gained root access.

Does the process require me to turn S-Off? I'm currently S-On running Running Bad Boyz Sprint ONE KitKat v1.0.

If I go S-Off, is there a way to turn it back S-On? Not sure if Sprint will look at this setting.

Also, I have the update radio and hboot
HBOOT- 1.56.0000
RADIO- 1.00.20.1108
OS- 4.06.651.4

Will I have to downgrade my hboot as well?

Any help will be much appreciated

You're S-On. Your only option is to perform a factory reset, flash the stock recovery and re-lock your bootloader.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kraizk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th February 2014, 05:58 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraizk

You're S-On. Your only option is to perform a factory reset, flash the stock recovery and re-lock your bootloader.

Thanks

Do you forward me to a thread that has shows me how to do this? I have an idea on how to do it, just want make sure I do it correctly.
14th March 2014, 02:43 AM   |  #4  
Flag Port-au-Prince
Thanks Meter: 8

158 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lihtsout

Thanks

Do you forward me to a thread that has shows me how to do this? I have an idea on how to do it, just want make sure I do it correctly.

unlock recovery
install custom recovery
root
s-off with firewater
downgrade hboot to 1.55
relock bootloader
run RUU 4.3.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
downgrade 4.4.2
Previous Thread Next Thread