Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,479 Members 49,534 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can only send one sms

Tip us?

cooldman224
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Can only send one sms

I have a weird problem where I can only send one sms but when I try to send another it won't go through. I can try to send a message to another person and it won't send either. I am limited to only one. After the one, I can't send sms at all. The only fix is to reboot or toggle the data. Not sure why this started happening. I am running CM 11.0M3. I tried doing a factory reset/cache wipe in recovery and reverting to CM10.2 but didn't fix the issue. Any help would be appreciated!
Nexus 7 2013
Cyanogenmod 11 M5
Samsung Galaxy S3
Cyanogenmod 11 M3

Epic 3G speeds from the sticks

Supercutetom
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Using a TouchWiz rom is the only fix right now that I know. Many of us have the same exact issue as you, bud. I don't really think much progress has been made on fixing the issue, too. What I understand is that is actually a problem on Verizon's end.

theraptscallion
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldman224 View Post
I have a weird problem where I can only send one sms but when I try to send another it won't go through. I can try to send a message to another person and it won't send either. I am limited to only one. After the one, I can't send sms at all. The only fix is to reboot or toggle the data. Not sure why this started happening. I am running CM 11.0M3. I tried doing a factory reset/cache wipe in recovery and reverting to CM10.2 but didn't fix the issue. Any help would be appreciated!
Try flashing back to stock and doing an NVrestore (only if you've previously done an nvbackup) or reprovisioning your service using *2767*3855# then just go back to CM

capt730
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by theraptscallion View Post
Try flashing back to stock and doing an NVrestore (only if you've previously done an nvbackup) or reprovisioning your service using *2767*3855# then just go back to CM
What stock base did you odin back to?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

theraptscallion
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I went all the way back to the root66.tar which I think was vralg1, since it was basically stock plus root so I could use the terminal out of the box.
The Following User Says Thank You to theraptscallion For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

griz.droidx
Old
Thanks Meter 99
Question Same Issue but only in one area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theraptscallion View Post
Hey everyone, I've noticed this myself but only in one small town near my house. Which may very well be verizon towered. Most towers at my house are appalachian wireless or verizon leased to appalachian or vise versa. Either way, it doesn't happen at home. Only in Grundy, VA.

I was wondering if the fix the person posted above worked, and if so couldn't I just do that from a TW 4.3 rom since it should have the dialer that does those types of things, or maybe access a hidden menu somewhere?

Thanks a bunch and my apologies for resurrecting an old thread if this one is.
Thanks to all dev's and the community for making my toy's/tool's "So Damn Cool"

theraptscallion
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Grundy, VA huh? Are you at Appalachian?

The fix has been permanent for me, but it requires you to go back to stock ics or jellybean, since the reprovision code doesn't work on 4.2 on up.

For the full fix, download root66 and flash it (after backing up of course). Reprovision. Open a terminal window and type reboot nvrestore. Check if you have am imei. If you don't, reprovision again, open terminal and type reboot nvbackup. Restore your backup and begin testing. The cm11 unofficial nightly thread should have similar directions in the Op.

theraptscallion
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Grundy, VA huh? Are you at Appalachian?

The fix has been permanent for me, but it requires you to go back to stock ics or jellybean, since the reprovision code doesn't work on 4.2 on up.

For the full fix, download root66 and flash it (after backing up of course). Reprovision. Open a terminal window and type reboot nvrestore. Check if you have am imei. If you don't, reprovision again, open terminal and type reboot nvbackup. Restore your backup and begin testing. The cm11 unofficial nightly thread should have similar directions in the Op.