5,594,386 Members 35,072 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How would I unlock a Samsung Galaxy S III SCH-S968C Tracphone on Verizon

Tip us?

Livingston007
Old
(Last edited by Livingston007; 29th December 2013 at 09:15 AM.) Reason: clairifying my request
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] How would I unlock a Samsung Galaxy S III SCH-S968C Tracphone on Verizon

Greetings! I need help unlocking my Samsung Galaxy S III SCH-S968C Tracphone on Verizon network running android 4.1.2
I did find a couple of postings about unlocking the AT&T version by keying in *#197328640# to the dialer, but got no response or menu.
I also found a couple of threads to root my particular model such as: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2516498
but it seems that rooting in itself will not help me (I am not versed in rooting, but I did review the process using cydia impactor as posted).
Can this phone be unlocked straight-up (please...), or is rooting required and if so, how would I proceed after the initial rooting application to actually unlock the phone?
Thanks in advance!!!

Mookie2014
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingston007 View Post
Greetings! I need help unlocking my Samsung Galaxy S III SCH-S968C Tracphone on Verizon network running android 4.1.2
I did find a couple of postings about unlocking the AT&T version by keying in *#197328640# to the dialer, but got no response or menu.
I also found a couple of threads to root my particular model such as: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2516498
but it seems that rooting in itself will not help me (I am not versed in rooting, but I did review the process using cydia impactor as posted).
Can this phone be unlocked straight-up (please...), or is rooting required and if so, how would I proceed after the initial rooting application to actually unlock the phone?
Thanks in advance!!!
No. If you try to unlock it, it WILL hard brick.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

mitchb315
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookie2014 View Post
No. If you try to unlock it, it WILL hard brick.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
What he said ^