Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,899 Members 48,628 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL] Stock KitKat kernels & White Lines issue fix

Tip us?

Cloudyfa
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 12112

DONATE TO ME
Default [KERNEL] Stock KitKat kernels & White Lines issue fix

Stock KitKat Kernel

Info
You guys already know our G2's issue with LG's official KitKat upgrade. It forces us to use the new bootloader which is loki-killer, that means no custom recovery (CWM, TWRP, Philz), no custom kernel anymore. Right now there's no way to bypass that new bootloader in order to install those stuff. Anyway we still have a workaround to deal with that issue by patching the new kernel so it can work with the old bootloader (which still has loki support) thanks to @JackpotClavin, @Savoca, @xdabbeb

Upgrade to KitKat
For best experience with KitKat, you should follow these steps:
  • Upgrade to KitKat first (KDZ/TOT/OTA)
  • Root by ioroot25
  • Use AutoRec to have recovery
Then you can flash any ROM you like

*D801 must root before taking KitKat OTA

Return To JellyBean
It's real simple when you wanna return to your old ROM or your NAND backup (JB base). All you need is downloading the old JB Baseband and flash it, then your ROM / backup. You can find old JB Baseband here in @autoprime 's thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2451426

White lines issue
Some devices use different panel hardware (JDI instead of LGIT) and you will have white lines after using patched kernel. You must use those kernel with "_jdi" in its name. More info: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=122

Download

*Special thank to all the DEVs here in XDA that involved in the KitKat research.

XDA:DevDB Information
[KERNEL] Stock KitKat kernels & White Lines issue fix, a Kernel for the LG G2

Contributors
Cloudyfa, Savoca
Kernel Special Features: Working with Old Bootloader

Version Information

Created 2014-03-14
Last Updated 2014-05-04
The Following 148 Users Say Thank You to Cloudyfa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kirch21
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Wow great work you guys. Thank you very much!

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Don't flash and drive.
The Following User Says Thank You to kirch21 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

htcm7
Old
Thanks Meter 108
A noob question, what if, after update to KK baseband an ROM, want to go back to JB.

Is it enough just to flash JB ROM/restore JB backup ROM or need to restore via download mode + JB's kdz file?

prking07
Old
Thanks Meter 181
Quick question, since in the d803 canadian g2 on 4.2.2 i can flash tmo d801 basebands just fine and they work excellent, would it be a possibility for you to make a test d803 canada kitkat kernel so we can test with tmo 4.4 basebands?

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
....and on the 8th day, he created the SGS II!

wargreymon89
Old
Thanks Meter 179
Tried this with the G Pro 2 port. Works awesome! Uber stock Rom, root and recovery, can't be better.
The Following User Says Thank You to wargreymon89 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lowresolution
Old
Thanks Meter 10
So i just have to flash the KK Baseband ? ( I am on Philz with Stock 4.2.2 ) . Then just download any rom and flash via Philz ? and then i can go back to my nandroid of 4.2.2 ?

Do i need to flash the patched kernel as well ?
The Following User Says Thank You to Lowresolution For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nussi29
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Question: when I have already 4.4.2 rooted I must go back to 4.2.2 and flash kit Kat with root and kernelpatch?

Send from G2 flex

ChrisM75
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Thanks a lot for this!

I guessing that if we flash one of the root patched Stock ROMs all we need do is flash the ROM, then the patched kernel, then reflash the recovery again. Once done it should all work as before?

nizaamh
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowresolution View Post
So i just have to flash the KK Baseband ? ( I am on Philz with Stock 4.2.2 ) . Then just download any rom and flash via Philz ? and then i can go back to my nandroid of 4.2.2 ?

Do i need to flash the patched kernel as well ?
+1
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nizaamh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GizmoKaca
Old
Thanks Meter 228
This is a thread for devs to use these in their KK Roms. Do not just flash this in recovery with any random KK rom. Wait for devs to release new Roms

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GizmoKaca For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]