XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unlocked Sprint HTC One on AT&T

Tip us?

KoolAidBigMan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Unlocked Sprint HTC One on AT&T

I see this question asked a few times within other treads but wasn't ever really answered clearly in my situation. I have successfully network unlocked my Sprint HTC One. When I put the sim in I get no errors and dialing 4636 brings me to the menu where I can change to wcmda preferred..gsm only... etc.. The phone reads the phone number off the sim and lists it on this page as well. Heres my issue I have verified that phone will cover the same bands where I am so that should not be an issue. I can not get a signal with this phone with 2 different sims. I made sure I did all the obvious things with the settings, the APN's, flashed different radios, and tried different options is the 4636 menu. Ive used different roms as well...When I go to select or search for my network both options are grayed out.... I can connect to Verizon and I can connect to sprint towers but no Dice on ATT. I am currently on version 4.1.2 and have tried all available radios. Has anyone had success in the new York New Jersrey PA area with using this phone on ATT. If so what is the setup you are using.

ryoung4316
Old
(Last edited by ryoung4316; 31st January 2014 at 03:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 42

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolAidBigMan View Post
I see this question asked a few times within other treads but wasn't ever really answered clearly in my situation. I have successfully network unlocked my Sprint HTC One. When I put the sim in I get no errors and dialing 4636 brings me to the menu where I can change to wcmda preferred..gsm only... etc.. The phone reads the phone number off the sim and lists it on this page as well. Heres my issue I have verified that phone will cover the same bands where I am so that should not be an issue. I can not get a signal with this phone with 2 different sims. I made sure I did all the obvious things with the settings, the APN's, flashed different radios, and tried different options is the 4636 menu. Ive used different roms as well...When I go to select or search for my network both options are grayed out.... I can connect to Verizon and I can connect to sprint towers but no Dice on ATT. I am currently on version 4.1.2 and have tried all available radios. Has anyone had success in the new York New Jersrey PA area with using this phone on ATT. If so what is the setup you are using.
The Sprint HTC one has blocked the carrier id's for domestic use aka att. You can however if your s-off you can flash the initial release radio the first radio when the Sprint HTC was released and it will allow you to connect to domestic carriers.

I'm in Ohio so not too far from you and I can pick up T-Mobile and att using the initial release radio, it is the only radio I could get to pick up signal.

Here is the first radio released http://d-h.st/HHD
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1391173999309.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	2550666   Click image for larger version

Name:	1391174082561.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	2550667  
A Thanks goes a long way. please say thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to ryoung4316 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KoolAidBigMan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Im currently s-off and flashed that radios. When I select network connection the two options are still grayed out. Could the rom choice make any difference ?

pyrobo0by
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Same here....help please

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

wireproof
Old
(Last edited by wireproof; 14th March 2014 at 03:42 AM.) Reason: Forgot to mention critical phone detail
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrobo0by View Post
Same here....help please

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I am having the same issue with my Sprint HTC One. I've tried everything mentioned above and no one has answered. Are you guys still having this issue? And if not what did you do to fix it. I have a Sprint HTC One with S-Off, Unlocked Bootloader, the Radio that is listed here and the latest ViperOne 5.7.0 ROM. Thanks!

EDIT: My phone is unlocked and I have been using T-Mobile for the past month just fine, and want to try AT&T.