5,595,339 Members 48,043 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wildfire S screen sometimes refuses to turn on (Standard ROM)

Tip us?

.:Plasma:.
Old
(Last edited by .:Plasma:.; 28th January 2014 at 03:33 PM.) Reason: Added phone software versions.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs down [Q] Wildfire S screen sometimes refuses to turn on (Standard ROM)

Hi guys I wonder if you can help me. My friend broke his Wildfire S screen and asked me if I could fix it. I got a new glass / digitiser from eBay and replaced the screen. All look fine to me so I took it back to him.

It seems since replacing the screen the phone sometimes refuses to wake up when clicking the lock button, or when an inbound call arrives. The phone rings but there is no sign of life other than the ringing noise. If you then plug in the charger the screen will turn on and you can use the phone as normal. I've tried a factory reset on it but nothing seems to help.

I haven't replaced the LCD just the glass/digitiser, and can't think of a reason in doing so would break other functions of the phone. Can anyone help or suggest what might be the problem here? I'm a competent repairer and have replaced the screens on many Laptops, iPhone's and iPad's but this is my first encounter with a HTC.

I believe it is a stock ROM branded O2 - Details from the phone are ...

Android Version - 2.3.5
HTC Sense Version - 2.1
Software Number - 2.26.206.1

Kind Regards

Plasma

esedust
Old
Thanks Meter 6
i have a similar problem,
I have replaced the digitizer but the phone doesnt start. I press the lock buttom and the phone vibrates, but the screen is black, nothing apears...
What can i do?

Daniel.Medeiros
Old
(Last edited by Daniel.Medeiros; 24th February 2014 at 03:02 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
I would like to know...

.:Plasma:.
Old
(Last edited by .:Plasma:.; 12th March 2014 at 11:06 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I've no idea been trying for ages, I'd like to try a newer ROM but can't get the phone in to S-OFF.

I've done the whole HTC Dev thing and unlocked the boot loader etc, but can't find a stock rom / RUU that will flash to it.

And here's me thinking this site was going to be helpful and full of people who knew what they were talking about!

Plasma

Andrea D
Old
Thanks Meter 10

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by esedust View Post
i have a similar problem,
I have replaced the digitizer but the phone doesnt start. I press the lock buttom and the phone vibrates, but the screen is black, nothing apears...
What can i do?
I resolved this changing the screen lcd panel
my current phones:
HTC One M7 | [VERSION] 32GB | [ROM] Stock KitKat rom w/ HTC Sense 5.5 | [LAUNCHER] Nova Launcher Prime
HTC Wildfire S | [ROM] 4.2.2 CyanogenMod 10.1 by OWL PROJECT | [SCRIPT] INT2EXT | [MICRO SD] SanDisk Mobile Ultra - 32 GB Class 10
Nokia 6630 | [SYSTEM] Symbian OS s60v2 8.0 FP1 | [FW] 6.03.40 | [MMC] Multimedia Card Mobile - Transcend 1 GB | [BATTERY] Nokia BL-6C