Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,274 Members 45,779 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

root and recovery.....???

Tip us?

Rjevon
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default root and recovery.....???

What's up xda fam I just picked up my (galaxy tab 3 7.0/ 4.2.2/T217a/amhc) and I'm looking for root and recovery for it. Seems to be slim pickings with ROMs tho should've done better hmwk before my purchase. I've been all over my specific thread in relation to my tab but I'm not sure which process to follow for root and recovery. I'm not a newb by any means my s3 is well taken care of atm. Just needing a finger pointed where I should go for this thing. Thanks for any help folks.

gr8nole
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2243

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjevon View Post
What's up xda fam I just picked up my (galaxy tab 3 7.0/ 4.2.2/T217a/amhc) and I'm looking for root and recovery for it. Seems to be slim pickings with ROMs tho should've done better hmwk before my purchase. I've been all over my specific thread in relation to my tab but I'm not sure which process to follow for root and recovery. I'm not a newb by any means my s3 is well taken care of atm. Just needing a finger pointed where I should go for this thing. Thanks for any help folks.
Development for the T217A is virtually non-existent because of the locked bootloader. I recommend that you take it back immediately. I have seen a few try the Kingo app for root, but I personally wouldn't use it. Just my 2 cents.
>>>>------;;;;----->

Rjevon
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Hell! Thanks for the info I may be stuck with it sense I've unboxed it already. At this point just getting it rooted to get rid of bloat would be fine for me afterall I still have my s3 ha. I'll give that Kongo app a shot I've been reading about it.

chacua358
Old
Thanks Meter 44

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjevon View Post
Hell! Thanks for the info I may be stuck with it sense I've unboxed it already. At this point just getting it rooted to get rid of bloat would be fine for me afterall I still have my s3 ha. I'll give that Kongo app a shot I've been reading about it.
try this aswell
  • [B]DEVICES:
    nexus 4 rooted unlocked and running revolt current phone
    samsung galaxy s 4g running froyo audiphile rom
    lg g2x stock rooted removed bloatware
    lg doubleplay rooted removed bloatware
    mytouch 3g slide got ranned over
    mytouch 3g traded for the mytouch 3g slide
    coby mid7015b gave away
    ipod touch 3g screen cracked