Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

[Q] Is it possible to revert back to 4.3?

OP hfuizo

14th March 2014, 12:05 AM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 59

209 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djtheraven

After rooting my phone I found that the cpu min frequency was locking up at 1.95...And that is what is killing your battery... If you reboot it goes back

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

It goes back to what? To normal?
14th March 2014, 12:59 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 499

2,534 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfuizo

It goes back to what? To normal?

I've noticed a lot of different things with the processor. After on for a little while randomly some of the CPUs will activate did not sleep, normally cpu0 stays on all the time but cpu1-3 turn off to save battery, and at the same time the minimum frequency would get stuck at 1.95... When you reboot everything would reset back to the minimum of 300 mhz and the CPUs would sleep as normal

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
14th March 2014, 09:51 AM   |  #13  
Flag Bakersucks
Thanks Meter: 632

2,219 posts
More
Really glad I stayed on 4.3 after hearing a lot of these horror stories mentioned in several threads. I had no intention of taking the OTA or Odin anyways just because I read a couple weeks before on a site that kitkat 4.4.2 was messing with how it handles the external sdcard and apps.

There's mixed reports of good/bad battery life on 4.4.2 and if the new bootloader really makes a difference yet, all I can say to those that did jump the gun or didn't know any better is things will get better as devs iron out the bugs and create custom kernels/roms to help you guys out. Does it suck waiting for all this.. hell yes it does but we have all been there before and just know you are in the right place here at XDA because these devs and members are here to help us all out thru hard times.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to d12unk13astard For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread