[Q] Ext4 sdcard problem in carbon rom 4.4.2...

OP pranav45

14th March 2014, 09:57 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

37 posts
Hi friends, i installed carbon rom 4.4.2 on my galaxy grand gt-i9082....i have a ext4 formatted 32GB sd card and contains only one primary partition........Carbon ROM detects ext4 card successfully and mounts it at /storage/sdcard1 , but i am not able to copy and write files onto the sd card using an explorer like root explorer or ex file explorer......Now, Carbon rom also mounts it at /mnt/media_rw/sdcard1...but here i am able to copy an write files onto the sd card...But the downside is that When i use MTP to transfer files between my mobile and windows pc, i can see only the sdcard mounted at /storage/sdcard1 from which i cant copy or paste the files.....So how do i make MTP to show the real mounted partition /mnt/media_rw/sdcard1 so that i can transfer files between my computer and mobile.

NOTE: I just found out using mount command that it uses /dev/fuse to mount the sdcard at /storage/sdcard1 but uses the real device i.e. /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 to mount the sdcard at /storage/media_rw/sdcard1.......

Please Help........Any ideas or suggestions to make this work are welcome....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread