FORUMS

SD card is damaged - Try reformatting it

64 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By energeiakos, Member on 11th March 2014, 03:07 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I had had a SanDisc 32 GB class 10 and everything was ok, until the time in which I needed more than 30GB in my HTC Desire X. So, I decided to buy the Kingston microSD 64 GB class 10. Even though our phone has official limit at 32 GB, after googling I noticed that I would not have problem with this card. So I bought it.

From the begin I had a few problems. Very often, about 2-3 times every day, it was required to unmount - mount the card for reading some files or for renaming them.

... it was not big problem for me. But from yesterday, I cannot have access to the sd. I see a message Damaged SD card, SD card is damaged, try reformatting it. And if I try reformatting it, nothing happens. Also in settings - storage I cannot mount the card, and I just see that SD card is unavailable...

What I have to do now? To try a format from windows 7? If so, what format? Fat32, ntfs or something else?

Maybe it is better to use the warranty?

Thank you in advance...
Last edited by energeiakos; 11th March 2014 at 03:12 AM.

11th March 2014, 08:08 AM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Aachen
Thanks Meter: 1,039

More
For sdcard, try to format to fat32 (should work either using gparted or windows format tools).
The Following User Says Thank You to dansou901 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th March 2014, 10:07 AM |#3  
Flag Germany
Thanks Meter: 77

More
try to format your sdcard with the offical tool from the sdcard association:

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

if you wanna format your sdcard the right way, THIS IS THE TOOL TO GO!

The SD Formatter was created specifically for memory cards using the SD/SDHC/SDXC standards

if you still have problems, try to get a replacement from your dealer or sandisk directly.

if that doesnt help, try a different brand like kingston, samsung, etc....
Last edited by realCyphox; 14th March 2014 at 10:12 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to realCyphox For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread