Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,029 Members 43,812 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rom Info! (Not a "best rom thread")

Tip us?

mikkis2k
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 547
Default Rom Info! (Not a "best rom thread")

Hi! I just sold my LG G2 and bought myself this phone! So i got just a few fast questions for you guys

Is there any AOSP roms like cm/pa/carbon thats stable for our phone?

Is the phone rooted/recovery able?

is there any stock roms worth mentioning? Thinking about battery + stability and ofcourse performance.

I heard OMEGA was a good rom, but it's been a while since i had a samsung device, so any info you have would be great! And if i should look into other roms aswell that you think is intresting(not best).

Hoping for some real good answers! Thank You.
My Dropbox
All the stuff i use | Click me!
Phone: Note 3 32GB | Black

If I helped, Plz hit the Thanks button

nicholaschum
Old
Thanks Meter 949

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikkis2k View Post
Hi! I just sold my LG G2 and bought myself this phone! So i got just a few fast questions for you guys

Is there any AOSP roms like cm/pa/carbon thats stable for our phone?

Is the phone rooted/recovery able?

is there any stock roms worth mentioning? Thinking about battery + stability and ofcourse performance.

I heard OMEGA was a good rom, but it's been a while since i had a samsung device, so any info you have would be great! And if i should look into other roms aswell that you think is intresting(not best).

Hoping for some real good answers! Thank You.
I hope you're informed that whatever you do, you will trip KNOX. KNOX is your warranty, and is irreversible.

Once you passed that dilemma, you should try temasek's CM11 for AOSP. Very good for battery life.

It is recovery-able, provided you know that you will be tripping KNOX.

Stock ROMs? Use the latest 4.4.2 KitKat pre-rooted. Stock meaning on Samsung firmware but is a custom ROM, give X-Note a try, if you're ready for updates every few weeks. Also try Omega or Echoe. But the majority of the community is currently lingering around X-Note as it is the most bloated in awesome tweaks, gets all the updates, all features you'd expect and much more.

Everything I said are for the N9005, so if you have the Exynos version, these ROMs won't work, you will need to use Exynos ROMs such as Criskelo or TR-ROM.
Problem with ROMs? Try this. Still no? Ask me on Google+!
Root/TWRP/Kernel/ROM/Downgradable and KNOX 0x0 on N900W8? My guide.

Phone: Note 3 - Rogers SM-N900W8
Temasek UO v119 w/ ke. v3.86, TWRP 2.7.1, NA2 BL, NB7 Modem, KNOX 0x0

Tablet: Nexus 7 (2012)
PA 4.2 Beta 2, TWRP 2.7, Multiboot - UbTouch, Ub13.10, PA, CM11

Note 3 ◆ Xperia Tab P ◆ Nexus 7 ◆ Note II LTE ◆ S III LTE ◆ One X ◆ Note I ◆ Galaxy Nexus ◆ S II LTE ◆ S II

djbigbear
Old
Thanks Meter 1
exynos user here,

Dr. ketan's rom offers many options to customize your note, but it's not for casual user like me.
Criskelo's rom offers more moderate and user friendly customization with nifty interface.
TR-Rom offers easy installation, a little change from stock interface, and great performance. my choice for now.