Rom Info! (Not a "best rom thread")

OP mikkis2k

14th March 2014, 09:54 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 636

1,001 posts
Hi! I just sold my LG G2 and bought myself this phone! So i got just a few fast questions for you guys

Is there any AOSP roms like cm/pa/carbon thats stable for our phone?

Is the phone rooted/recovery able?

is there any stock roms worth mentioning? Thinking about battery + stability and ofcourse performance.

I heard OMEGA was a good rom, but it's been a while since i had a samsung device, so any info you have would be great! And if i should look into other roms aswell that you think is intresting(not best).

Hoping for some real good answers! Thank You.
14th March 2014, 10:08 AM   |  #2  
Flag Toronto, ON (Hong Kong S.A.R.)
Thanks Meter: 1,508

2,072 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikkis2k

Hi! I just sold my LG G2 and bought myself this phone! So i got just a few fast questions for you guys

Is there any AOSP roms like cm/pa/carbon thats stable for our phone?

Is the phone rooted/recovery able?

is there any stock roms worth mentioning? Thinking about battery + stability and ofcourse performance.

I heard OMEGA was a good rom, but it's been a while since i had a samsung device, so any info you have would be great! And if i should look into other roms aswell that you think is intresting(not best).

Hoping for some real good answers! Thank You.

I hope you're informed that whatever you do, you will trip KNOX. KNOX is your warranty, and is irreversible.

Once you passed that dilemma, you should try temasek's CM11 for AOSP. Very good for battery life.

It is recovery-able, provided you know that you will be tripping KNOX.

Stock ROMs? Use the latest 4.4.2 KitKat pre-rooted. Stock meaning on Samsung firmware but is a custom ROM, give X-Note a try, if you're ready for updates every few weeks. Also try Omega or Echoe. But the majority of the community is currently lingering around X-Note as it is the most bloated in awesome tweaks, gets all the updates, all features you'd expect and much more.

Everything I said are for the N9005, so if you have the Exynos version, these ROMs won't work, you will need to use Exynos ROMs such as Criskelo or TR-ROM.
14th March 2014, 11:33 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 2

29 posts
exynos user here,

Dr. ketan's rom offers many options to customize your note, but it's not for casual user like me.
Criskelo's rom offers more moderate and user friendly customization with nifty interface.
TR-Rom offers easy installation, a little change from stock interface, and great performance. my choice for now.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread