XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Shorted Micro USB Cable?

Tip us?

magnumforce2006
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 74
Default Shorted Micro USB Cable?

Looking for a cable that will quickly charge my Note. I had read previously that these cables need to be "shorted" in order to charge at full speed. Are there any available that come this way?

davis60
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumforce2006 View Post
Looking for a cable that will quickly charge my Note. I had read previously that these cables need to be "shorted" in order to charge at full speed. Are there any available that come this way?
Go to a mobile shop. Ask for a shot cable for your Note. There are cables of different length available in the market.

magnumforce2006
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 74
Haha, I think we are confusing definitions, I am not referring to length but to wiring which allows the cable to charge the phone faster.

Agoattamer
Old
Thanks Meter 483
I tried the shorted cable technique. Caused my usb input on my phone to go haywire for about 2 weeks. I thought I was going to have to replace the usb board but it rectified itself somehow. I purchased some extra OEM samsung cables from ebay and they work great. They are even the 5ft version that came with an S4.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-ECB-...item53fd137786
Samsung I717R Note
I717RUXMD1 Rogers Deodexed Stock JB ROM

Samsung I497 10.1 Tab2
I497UCBMF2 stock JB

HTC HD2 T9193
Winmo 6.5 Energy.Leo.29022.Sense2.5.Jul.04
2.12.50.02_2 RADIO
The Following User Says Thank You to Agoattamer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Crankyfuzz
Old
Thanks Meter 17
OEM cables work the best even the S4 cables work well, I cant post a link but there is a seller on ebay that sells nothing but usb cables he sells original oem samsung cables located in usa single, 3 pack up to 10 packs of just the cables.