USB Adapters

Search This thread

Otreblada

Dec 20, 2007
I just purchased a TF300 for my wife, and I would like to find an usb adapter that will allow me to attached usb devices like, an external hard drive, a flash drive to it.

tobdaryl

May 7, 2010
I just purchased a TF300 for my wife, and I would like to find an usb adapter that will allow me to attached usb devices like, an external hard drive, a flash drive to it.

The stock Asus usb adapter will do that and more.
http://www.amazon.com/Transformer-T...984429&sr=8-1&keywords=asus+tf300+usb+adapter
The link is provided only as an example. I didn't try to locate the best deal, etc.
Flash drives and 2.5inch drives work without external power.
3.5 inch drives require external power.
Wifi keyboards and mice work as well. Just plug the wifi dongle into the adapter and go.
My experience the drives can be formatted as fat32 or ntfs.

Reactions: Otreblada

Diablotim

Apr 10, 2008
Beijing
In my case : TF300 + self assembled external 2.5" 500 GB drive, in need to provide additional power to the drive so that the tablet will mount it properly.
I use one of those mini-USB to double USB cables with plugin one USB on the double USB side in my 5V phone charger and the other USB in the USB adapter on the tablet while the mini-USB is in my drive.

markymark567

Nov 18, 2012

i was thinking about doing this too but bought a keyboard dock instead. it has a usb 2.0 port built in. i have tried an external harddrive and several usb storage sticks and all work great. The thing about the usb adapter is that the poor placement of the charging port makes is so that if anything is connected, the tablet cannot sit in a case with a built in stand. dealbreaker for me.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts