Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,336 Members 36,604 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TROUBLESHOOTING] Data issues with certain applications

Tip us?
 
batcreeps
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Aug 2013
Default [TROUBLESHOOTING] Data issues with certain applications

Hello! I really need help with this weird issue I'm having. Tried searching, but have no idea what to look for

I have a D801 running Cyanogenmod 11 3-09-14 Nightly. These issues also happened with my previous Paranoid Android rom (which is why I flashed CM after). Just got this phone a few days ago, installed TWRP 2.7, and flashed PA the second I got home.

Issue: Certain functions (mainly downloading data) in certain apps stop working after a while. Rebooting fixes these temporarily.

Examples:

- I can't load new webpages, BUT I can use Google search, but the page links will not load (Chrome Beta) I get "Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to _______"
- I can click on any app in the Play Store and all the information (pictures, desc.) will load, but if I download it, I get "Downloading..." forever.
- I can use Google Maps with no issues what-so-ever.
- Streaming music gives me "Media Error unknown - 1004" (Probably an error which is part of MyCloudPlayer)
- Instagram gives a "Couldn't load feed" message.
- Facebook works fine. Unless I click a link which opens in Chrome.

All these issues still occur if I'm connected to wifi. My G2 says I'm connected to both Wifi and cellular at home (which I am).
As stated above, rebooting the phone fixes these issues temporarily.


Would really appreciate some insight. This is really annoying
Cheers!
 
manav113
Old
#2  
manav113's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 28
Posts: 156
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ C:/Earth/India/Vadodara
i too have the same problem... I searched in many other android related websites but got no help...


Smack the THANKS button if I helped you...
 
batcreeps
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by manav113 View Post
i too have the same problem... I searched in many other android related websites but got no help...
Hey, I changed my Access Point under Settings>Wireless & networks> Mobile Networks> Access Point Names

I changed it from T-Mobile US LTE to T-Mobile US LTE IPv6
So, far it's worked.
 
manav113
Old
#4  
manav113's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 28
Posts: 156
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ C:/Earth/India/Vadodara
Nope not working.....


Smack the THANKS button if I helped you...
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes