Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,619 Members 46,737 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Setup issue. Black home screen

Tip us?

mrstimpy
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Hi bhiga, that didn't helped either... but thanks for the help.

I have spoken with mighty ddggttff3 he made me try a "vanilla" 16041 which didn't make it and asked me to open up a thread at google chromecast support.

So anyone with similar issues should post in this thread:

https://productforums.google.com/d/t...e8g/discussion

Cheers!
The Following User Says Thank You to mrstimpy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bhiga
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 747

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstimpy View Post
Hi bhiga, that didn't helped either... but thanks for the help.

I have spoken with mighty ddggttff3 he made me try a "vanilla" 16041 which didn't make it and asked me to open up a thread at google chromecast support.

So anyone with similar issues should post in this thread:

https://productforums.google.com/d/t...e8g/discussion
Thanks for the update!

IMO, everyone who has an issue with a Google update should be sure to provide feedback to Google, even if it's a known issue. Since non-rooted devices cannot refuse Google OTA updates, it essentially means Google could unintentionally make your Chromecast unusable (for you) on any update, and that's not cool, even for a "cheap" $35 device.

Google needs to know that forced automatic updates are not what people want. Heck, even Nintendo let me refuse updates with the warning that "Hey, this game won't work if you don't update."
Chromecast threads: FAQ - READ THIS FIRST! / Rootable Serial Numbers | Root Mini-FAQ | FlashCast flashing Mini-FAQ
BYO powered OTG cable | WiFi Bandwidth and Router considerations | Not all 1080p/720p is same
Search Tip: Google search terms site:forum.xda-developers.com for only XDA forum results. Example
Follow the rules / Use 'Search' before posting / Post in the correct sections / Do not spam the board / Press thanks, don't post 'Thanks'

EarlyMon
Old
(Last edited by EarlyMon; 9th March 2014 at 04:46 AM.)
Thanks Meter 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhiga View Post
Thanks for the update!

IMO, everyone who has an issue with a Google update should be sure to provide feedback to Google, even if it's a known issue. Since non-rooted devices cannot refuse Google OTA updates, it essentially means Google could unintentionally make your Chromecast unusable (for you) on any update, and that's not cool, even for a "cheap" $35 device.

Google needs to know that forced automatic updates are not what people want. Heck, even Nintendo let me refuse updates with the warning that "Hey, this game won't work if you don't update."
Remember that control issue I had that 15250 fixed, brought on by a previous update?

I reported it. Said it affected everything.

After it was fixed, they emailed me and told me that my report was rejected, I had to contact Netflix, despite the problem appearing on YouTube and despite others adding to my report.

I agree with you, I'll support it and post there.

I don't think they'll listen but I'll keep asking.
Bang!

Best new gun forum Ballistically Speaking

bhiga
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 747

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyMon View Post
Remember that control issue I had that 15250 fixed, brought on by a previous update?

I reported it. Said it affected everything.

After it was fixed, they emailed me and told me that my report was rejected, I had to contact Netflix, despite the problem appearing on YouTube and despite others adding to my report.

I agree with you, I'll support it and post there.

I don't think they'll listen but I'll keep asking.
Big companies tend to reject "onesy-twosy" problem so often times it takes the snowball to build a bit. But of course the snowball can't build if people can't get their snow together... Always tough, but support tickets are usually the best way to get counted. Even a forum thread with 50+ pages and 200+ posts is too easy for a manager to say "Well, it's a forum. They complain."
200+ support tickets on a similar issue is a bit more difficult to ignore.

I'm not speaking for Google here, just from my own experience working in the Silicon Valley tech industry.
Chromecast threads: FAQ - READ THIS FIRST! / Rootable Serial Numbers | Root Mini-FAQ | FlashCast flashing Mini-FAQ
BYO powered OTG cable | WiFi Bandwidth and Router considerations | Not all 1080p/720p is same
Search Tip: Google search terms site:forum.xda-developers.com for only XDA forum results. Example
Follow the rules / Use 'Search' before posting / Post in the correct sections / Do not spam the board / Press thanks, don't post 'Thanks'

mrstimpy
Old
Thanks Meter 5
This is the correct link to open a support ticket:

https://support.google.com/chromecas...cast_technical

The other was just a forum thread.

Make yourselves heard...

By the way, I have just got the first reply, of course, blaming my converter, telling me it must not support HDCP. To which I replied if that was required only AFTER because my adapter worked before being upgraded to 15250...

Hating google right now...

bhiga
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 747

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstimpy View Post
This is the correct link to open a support ticket:

https://support.google.com/chromecas...cast_technical

The other was just a forum thread.

Make yourselves heard...

By the way, I have just got the first reply, of course, blaming my converter, telling me it must not support HDCP. To which I replied if that was required only AFTER because my adapter worked before being upgraded to 15250...

Hating google right now...
Be patient and wade through the "playbook" until you get them stumped and they escalate to an actual bug report.

-= this post enhanced with bonus mobile typos =-

kelvinvalencio
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Have you solved this problem?

Sent from my N986 using xda premium
YOU CAN CLICK THANKS IF IT HELPED , JUST CLICK A BUTTON ON THE LEFT BUTTOM, BRO!!

Skazki
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I has the same problem yesterday and cant fix it!

"After this update my chromecast doesnt boot Only Google Logo then black screen on my TV Samsung... Thx Google...
I tried to disconnect USB and plug in it to POWER adapter - it doesnt help me, then I tried to hard reset from physical button on Chromecast - it doestnt helps to me too! Any ideas? After HR chromecast now displays on my TV like "Player". Chromecast app cant connect to Chromecast..."

Any ideas? I think my Chromecast died