Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,957 Members 38,504 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC USA Advanced Replacement Experience w/ Tampered Relocked Bootloader...

Tip us?

y2jdmbfan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Default HTC USA Advanced Replacement Experience w/ Tampered Relocked Bootloader...

Guys,

Has anyone sent in their tampered / relocked device to HTC USA for an advanced replacement? I already got my replacement, but I cannot get firewater to work on the device I am sending back so it currently has a relocked and tampered bootloader. Do they even check? Or should I just flash the latest stock AT&T firmware I can find via recovery and just send it back? They pre-authorized my card for $500 already and would normally credit it back once they get the old device. I've found mixed messages here on if they care or not, but nothing specific to HTC USA.

Thanks,

Y2J

Zarboz
Old
Known Scammer
Thanks Meter 9256

DONATE TO ME
Return to stock Rom s off or tamper doesn't matter but if you don't return to stock Rom they can charge you

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Building a better droid is the purpose of today Android History
G1->mytouch 3g -> Mytouch slide -> Mytouch 4g -> HD2 magldr -> Thunderbolt -> Evo 3D -> Sensation -> Evo 4g -> Evo 3D -> HTC vivid -> One X -> One S -> ( Evo LTE (thanks xda) -> Droid DNA
I stay HTC.
Checkout my new project at EasyDevStudio
[showp1984] Times of day and sleep are something for weak people - I am a cybernetic organism, and have a sleep mode.
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Come hangout
irc.freenode.net
#teamblackout
I BUY BRICKED PHONES!

y2jdmbfan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarboz View Post
Return to stock Rom s off or tamper doesn't matter but if you don't return to stock Rom they can charge you

So just a stock zip if I can find one that isn't rooted and just change the main ver to match it?

d3adm@n
Old
Thanks Meter 39
You need to get the att 3.17 RUU and run it. Then s-on with rum runner or whatever. Problem solved.

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk

y2jdmbfan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
I am S-On...That is my issue...

y2jdmbfan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarboz View Post

Do you happen to know where I can grab a .zip of the latest AT&T software not rooted that I can flash in TWRP?

Thanks,

Y2J