Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,235 Members 51,639 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[help]

Tip us?

isomalt
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [help]

hello !

I'm a in trouble with my friend's Optimus 4X HD.

We tried to install CWM but i made a mistake. i instaled the apk of the recovery but since this, the phone juste dont boot up. The LG logo just blink over and over ...

We still can acces the stock recovery (tried wipes but did nothing). And we also can get acces to the download mod (strangely only withe the battery in the phone. if it is out the screen display stranges colors ... )

We tried to fix it following tutorials showing how to flash a .kdz but all the softwares shown just crash.

If you have any idea ...

Thanks a lot ! And sorry for my english :s

sonyc2011
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Flash a kdz,
You will find the tutorial HERE
All the internel memory will be erase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isomalt View Post
hello !

I'm a in trouble with my friend's Optimus 4X HD.

We tried to install CWM but i made a mistake. i instaled the apk of the recovery but since this, the phone juste dont boot up. The LG logo just blink over and over ...

We still can acces the stock recovery (tried wipes but did nothing). And we also can get acces to the download mod (strangely only withe the battery in the phone. if it is out the screen display stranges colors ... )

We tried to fix it following tutorials showing how to flash a .kdz but all the softwares shown just crash.

If you have any idea ...

Thanks a lot ! And sorry for my english :s
Don't have Dropbox? Click here to see why you should get it. If you like it, use this link to sign up (you get 250mb extra storage, I get 250mb extra storage. Win-Win!)

The Following User Says Thank You to sonyc2011 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

balloon27
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Force an update using the LGMobileSupport tool while in download mode. The option is in the upper right menu's. That should bring the device back to life.

On why you got in a boot loop: you tried to flash a custom recovery without unlocking the bootloader. Please read a little more before you try again.

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to balloon27 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

isomalt
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
hey guys, thank you for your answers

we already tried to follow the tutorial you sent sonyc2011, but i dont understant why, most of the softwares we are supposed to use just crashes.

But we found an other tutorial (type : "How to Return / Unbrick / Downgrade LG Optimus 4X HD" to find it) that worked perfectly !

So we installed the old ICS rom, we updated it to 4.1.2, then rooted it. now we are working on unlocking the bootloader. And we will THEN install the recovery .

Thank you again for your help and sorry again for my bad english !