Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,312 Members 52,629 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] No Screen Image After Being Dropped

Tip us?

n00bsh1t
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] No Screen Image After Being Dropped

Hi all,

I just dropped my HTC One X (on the floor), and unfortunately there is now no image on screen.

I may have to take it to the service centre, but first, I would like to try (hoping) and see if its just some simple issue (cable connection came loose or something). I would want to open up the casing and see if I can do some quick fix.

Any advice?

Thanks!

lukes91
Old
Thanks Meter 1018

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bsh1t View Post
Hi all,

I just dropped my HTC One X (on the floor), and unfortunately there is now no image on screen.

I may have to take it to the service centre, but first, I would like to try (hoping) and see if its just some simple issue (cable connection came loose or something). I would want to open up the casing and see if I can do some quick fix.

Any advice?

Thanks!
well, i think it's quite difficult that a drop disconnected a cable, more likely the display got broken... anyway, you can always try to open it, but pay atterntion not to break anything, otherwise you will have to pay more to get it working again hope i'm wrong and that a cable connection is faulty and you can fix it by yourself look for the battery replacement tutorials to learn how to open it, some are very good and exhaustive
HTC One M8 - HBOOT 3.18 S-OFF - TWRP 2.7.1.0 - ViperOneM8 - ElementalX - H/K - V4A
HTC One X - HBoot 1.39 - Philz 5.15.9 - ViperX 4.1.1

Did I help you? Hit THANKS

n00bsh1t
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks, yup, I got the back casing open and at that point, can't see that any cable got dislodged, so you may be right that the screen got damaged. In any case, I'm not really willing to go any further than that.

Next question is, before I send in for repair, I hope to, firstly, retrieve my data on the phone, and secondly, wipe them.

The problem is that without a screen, I can't seem to be able to do that. Connecting to PC via USB doesn't give me access to the phone storage and I suspect that it is because it is in lockscreen (pattern lock), and, I suspect the input (touch) part of the screen is also not working (i.e. not just output / display, because my pattern lock normally would give me tactile feedback).

Hope to get some advice on how I can get some access to the phone storage via USB

FYI, I have
CM 10.1
CWM 5.8.4.0
Titanium Backup (just listing here for the heck of it - pretty sure it's useless in this case)

Anyone, please?