No registration required

[Q] No modem partition in TWRP backup

OP DoughMucker

14th March 2014, 06:23 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 32

83 posts
Hi,
I'm installed TWRP 2.7.0.0 via GooManager and that went smoothly. But when I went to do a nandroid backup, the modem partition isnt there. The other partitions (boot, system, cache, data, efs) are there. In "Mount" the modem partition wasn't mounted so I tried to mount it, but that didn't add it to the available partitions to backup either. Is it normal for the modem partition to be missing? How can I back it up?
14th March 2014, 02:16 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 4,007

11,418 posts
The modem is never backed up. All you need to back up are system, data, and boot

Edit, it would be good to backup only the efs partition once and store a copy off your phone in case that ever gets messed up

Sent from my Nexus 5
Last edited by jd1639; 14th March 2014 at 02:47 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th March 2014, 04:42 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 32

83 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

The modem is never backed up. All you need to back up are system, data, and boot

Edit, it would be good to backup only the efs partition once and store a copy off your phone in case that ever gets messed up

Sent from my Nexus 5

Thanks. It's a bit confusing as I see some posts talking about backing up modem with TWRP....and other posts talking about grabbing a modem file from a developers thread and using that. I guess I'll go with the latter based on your large number of posts and >2000 Thanks received.
14th March 2014, 04:46 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 98

323 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughMucker

Thanks. It's a bit confusing as I see some posts talking about backing up modem with TWRP....and other posts talking about grabbing a modem file from a developers thread and using that. I guess I'll go with the latter based on your large number of posts and >2000 Thanks received.

Trust him, a modem don't need backup because it never been touched, only Odin can touch and modify modem when you flash a stock ROM

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
2.7.0.0, modem parition, twrp
Previous Thread Next Thread