Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,194 Members 42,282 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help unrooting S4 on MK2

Tip us?

wyzard01
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Help unrooting S4 on MK2

God morning.

I have a Galaxy S4. I installed safestrap and some custom roms (kept my stock rom). I know want to remove all this and go back to stock. I have done a complete unroot in SuperSU and uninstalled (or so I thought), SafeStrap. However, when I restart my phone, safestrap is still booting and I get a lock on the screen with the word Custom underneath. I want to get rid of all of this and just go back to stock. It's Verizon S4 on MK2.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 1237

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyzard01 View Post
God morning.

I have a Galaxy S4. I installed safestrap and some custom roms (kept my stock rom). I know want to remove all this and go back to stock. I have done a complete unroot in SuperSU and uninstalled (or so I thought), SafeStrap. However, when I restart my phone, safestrap is still booting and I get a lock on the screen with the word Custom underneath. I want to get rid of all of this and just go back to stock. It's Verizon S4 on MK2.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
You can try just uninstalling SafeStrap like any other app you have. Or flash the mk2 stock firmware in Odin.

Going the Odin way would actually be the better and easier way to go most likely. Sometimes the custom screen still lingers even after removing SafeStrap.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 AM ----------

Here's the mk2 tar file link
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2578209

wyzard01
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertac View Post
You can try just uninstalling SafeStrap like any other app you have. Or flash the mk2 stock firmware in Odin.

Going the Odin way would actually be the better and easier way to go most likely. Sometimes the custom screen still lingers even after removing SafeStrap.

---------- Post added at 06:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 AM ----------

Here's the mk2 tar file link
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2578209

Can you give me some more details or links on how to use the Odin way.

Thank you.

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 1237

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Thank you.
The first post in that thread explains what you'll need to do. Its a lot easier than a lot of people think.
- Download the USB drivers to your computer ( I believe they're linked in first post)
- Download the stock firmware zip in 1st post ( either full wipe or no wipe )
-download Odin from 1st post

- extract the .tar file from the firmware zip file
- open up Odin
- make sure you see it shows Device Connect when you plug your phone in
- load that .tar file into the PDA slot in Odin or AP slot depending on the version of Odin .
- make sure Re-Partition is NOT checked.
- hit start and wait for it to finish.

Again that's all said in the op.

---------- Post added at 07:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 AM ----------

Lol I'm tired I forgot to tell you that you need to put your phone into Download Mode and THEN connect it to your PC and THEN flash the file

---------- Post added at 07:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 AM ----------

Quote:

Thank you.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2337590
There are some great videos on there.
Including how to unbrick an S4 and enter download mode. Your essentially unbricking your phone even though its not technically a brick.

wyzard01
Old
(Last edited by wyzard01; 14th March 2014 at 03:08 PM.) Reason: Everything is fine after restart
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertac View Post
The first post in that thread explains what you'll need to do. Its a lot easier than a lot of people think.
- Download the USB drivers to your computer ( I believe they're linked in first post)
- Download the stock firmware zip in 1st post ( either full wipe or no wipe )
-download Odin from 1st post

- extract the .tar file from the firmware zip file
- open up Odin
- make sure you see it shows Device Connect when you plug your phone in
- load that .tar file into the PDA slot in Odin or AP slot depending on the version of Odin .
- make sure Re-Partition is NOT checked.
- hit start and wait for it to finish.

Again that's all said in the op.

---------- Post added at 07:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 AM ----------

Lol I'm tired I forgot to tell you that you need to put your phone into Download Mode and THEN connect it to your PC and THEN flash the file

---------- Post added at 07:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 AM ----------

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2337590
There are some great videos on there.
Including how to unbrick an S4 and enter download mode. Your essentially unbricking your phone even though its not technically a brick.

Everything's working. Thanks for the help

Keekers
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Just out of curiosity, why did you want to go back to stock? I'm thinking about rooting but unsure on my new phone....
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4
Android version: 4.4