Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,698 Members 50,067 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC One X stuck on white screen

Tip us?

mrofredo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default HTC One X stuck on white screen

So I've spent a whole day trying to fix my HTC One X, to no avail. It suddenly wouldn't go past the white HTC screen. I can still go in bootloader and recovery mode (however I cannot mount anything with CWM (keep getting errors).

Below is pretty much all the information I've gathered on my phone thus far. All I want is to bring it back to stock, but I can't seem to manage. I seem to be able to fastboot.

CID: ROGER001
MID: PJ8310000

Bootloader:
*** TAMPERED ***
*** RELOCKED ***
*** SecurityWarning ***
EVITA PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.11.0000
RADIO-0.18as.32.09.28L
OpenDSP-v28.1.0.32.0504
eMMC-boot
Jun 7 2012,13:10:34

Attached is a picture of "fastboot getvar all"

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ruuinfo.jpeg
Views:	854
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	2629602  

thethinkman
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrofredo View Post
So I've spent a whole day trying to fix my HTC One X, to no avail. It suddenly wouldn't go past the white HTC screen. I can still go in bootloader and recovery mode (however I cannot mount anything with CWM (keep getting errors).

Below is pretty much all the information I've gathered on my phone thus far. All I want is to bring it back to stock, but I can't seem to manage. I seem to be able to fastboot.

CID: ROGER001
MID: PJ8310000

Bootloader:
*** TAMPERED ***
*** RELOCKED ***
*** SecurityWarning ***
EVITA PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.11.0000
RADIO-0.18as.32.09.28L
OpenDSP-v28.1.0.32.0504
eMMC-boot
Jun 7 2012,13:10:34

Attached is a picture of "fastboot getvar all"

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
This is a solid read for running an RUU for you.

So what I would do if I were you, would be to find a ROGERS (I'm assuming your phone is that) RUU (or find a way to S-OFF and Super CID) and use fastboot to install it. Here is where you can find some good RUUs. Here's what I would do:

Boot into bootloader.
Quote:
fastboot oem rebootRUU
USB to computer
Run the appropriate RUU exe on the computer and follow instructions on screen. Make sure to read the first link I sent you to carefully decide which RUU to use which is compatible with S-ON and your CID.
The Following User Says Thank You to thethinkman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5300

DONATE TO ME
I agree with running the RUU, it should fix your problem. But, in order to properly advise you on what to do you need to tell us exactly how your phone got to be in this state.
HTC Evita | CandyKat | Torched KK
S-off | 2.18 | TWRP 2.7.1.0
Do not PM me asking for assistance, that's what my Q&A thread is for!
The Following User Says Thank You to timmaaa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mrofredo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
When I attempt to run RUU_Evita_UL_Rogers_WWE_1.94.631.3_Radio_0.18as.32 .09.28L_10.103.32.24L_release_268972_signed, it gets stuck at the "Sending" screen

Furthermore, by following one of many instructions I've read, I have relocked my phone and cannot access CWM anymore.

Years ago, I flashed a jellybean rom (wasn't too sure what I was doing) and ended up with a Samsung galaxy-like operating system. It had glitches but worked fine. I don't recall doing anything that could have altered my phone since.
It just ran out of batteries and wouldn't reopen

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5300

DONATE TO ME
Have you read this thread and made sure you meet all the requirements?

Sent from my Evita
The Following User Says Thank You to timmaaa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mrofredo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I have. Something odd, though, is that my pc does not recognize my phone through HTC sync, nor when I search for devices through adb (cmd: adb devices)

Also, when I open the RUU wizard, there is no img on the phone to overwrite

timmaaa
Old
(Last edited by timmaaa; 14th March 2014 at 07:21 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5300

DONATE TO ME
Why do you have HTC Sync still installed? If you can't boot into Android, adb commands won't work, you need to use fastboot commands while connected in fastboot mode.

Also, you haven't told me the exact events that lead up to this point so it's very hard to troubleshoot properly.

Sent from my Evita

mrofredo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
After having removed HTC sync, the RUU finally worked (although quite slow, stayed still quite often).

My phone is now fixed. Thank you so much for the assistance @timmaaa and @thethinkman!

Truthfully I wouldn't be able to tell you how it got in that state... I was settling for a very glitchy phone for quite a while now.

thethinkman
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrofredo View Post
After having removed HTC sync, the RUU finally worked (although quite slow, stayed still quite often).

My phone is now fixed. Thank you so much for the assistance @timmaaa and @thethinkman!

Truthfully I wouldn't be able to tell you how it got in that state... I was settling for a very glitchy phone for quite a while now.
Awesome!