XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help to hopefully disable OTA Updates on Stock HTC One X

Tip us?

Ultratails42
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Help to hopefully disable OTA Updates on Stock HTC One X

So theres a new One X update out today it seems. My dad is currently using a One X. But every time theres an update it turns into a HUGE ordeal with having to listen to him complain for days and days about it, and the day of usually non stop hours worth of it that would drive you mad (And usually him calling up our phone provider to complain at them about it and drive them crazy to). So i'd REALLY like a way to just disable the updates from happening. Unfortunately I have yet to find any real info on doing this.

All the people ive seen talk about it are using rooted phones (Which his is not and i'd rather not do so either. He has a way about messing up technology. Last thing he needs is an easier way to mess things up). So hoping maybe someone knows a way to disable them or block them. Any help would be appreciated so I can avoid another long period of pain.

Gizzy666
Old
Thanks Meter 5

DONATE TO ME
Unfortunately I don't think you can, I may be wrong. I would reccomend just putting a custom ROM on his phone and telling him not to touch certain apps I.e titanium backup or the su app etc

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app
If i have helped you at all, Please just press the "Thanks" button It really does help
The Following User Says Thank You to Gizzy666 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]