Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

USB Debugging DISABLED - How can I flash boot.img?

OP bfawks

14th March 2014, 05:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

22 posts
I'm trying to get my phone back to a custom ROM after abandoning it for over a year so I am having trouble remembering what I did...

USB Debugging is definitely off. When I go into a command prompt to flash the boot.img, "adb devices" returns no devices. The drivers all seem to be up to date - so how can I flash the boot.img? I can't get into the OS as I get stuck at the white HTC logo boot - soft bricked.
Last edited by bfawks; 14th March 2014 at 05:12 PM.
14th March 2014, 05:54 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 22

185 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfawks

I'm trying to get my phone back to a custom ROM after abandoning it for over a year so I am having trouble remembering what I did...

USB Debugging is definitely off. When I go into a command prompt to flash the boot.img, "adb devices" returns no devices. The drivers all seem to be up to date - so how can I flash the boot.img? I can't get into the OS as I get stuck at the white HTC logo boot - soft bricked.

I would normally recommend RUU (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1562890) to revert to stock firmware and then turn on USB debugging like normal, but I'm worried that your device may still be unlocked (then RUU won't work).

Hold the phone, when you boot into the bootloader, and select "fastboot", can you flash the boot.img that way? (command prompt: "fastboot flash boot boot.img", assuming your command prompt is opened in the same folder as fastboot.exe and your boot.img)
14th March 2014, 08:25 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectisaac

I would normally recommend RUU (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1562890) to revert to stock firmware and then turn on USB debugging like normal, but I'm worried that your device may still be unlocked (then RUU won't work).

Hold the phone, when you boot into the bootloader, and select "fastboot", can you flash the boot.img that way? (command prompt: "fastboot flash boot boot.img", assuming your command prompt is opened in the same folder as fastboot.exe and your boot.img)

Seems like after I updated the drivers and mounted the device, I was able to get my PC to recognize the phone through ADB devices. I went back into the fastboot and flashed the .img and it worked. Thanks for your help.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread