Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,290 Members 52,754 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HDX screen share to Windows

Tip us?

evilgrin98
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [Q] HDX screen share to Windows

I want to share the screen from my unrooted and updated HDX to Windows 7. Going about my due diligence, I have tried several apps to handle this, including Teamviewer, which works on my rooted Samsung phone, and Fuze, which I haven't verified works in other Android versions. Obviously Amazon themselves is capable of this for support reasons, so I know it's doable. Via wifi or USB is acceptable.

Thanks in advance!

ferrouskid
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Thumbs up check this out

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilgrin98 View Post
I want to share the screen from my unrooted and updated HDX to Windows 7. Going about my due diligence, I have tried several apps to handle this, including Teamviewer, which works on my rooted Samsung phone, and Fuze, which I haven't verified works in other Android versions. Obviously Amazon themselves is capable of this for support reasons, so I know it's doable. Via wifi or USB is acceptable.

Thanks in advance!

Hello
I found this for you mate, enjoy, and best of all, no root required.

evilgrin98
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Forget a paste?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrouskid View Post
Hello
I found this for you mate, enjoy, and best of all, no root required.
Hi ferrouskid! Thanks for helping, but I think you might have forgot to paste what you found.

tl3
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
I want to share the screen from my unrooted and updated HDX to Windows 7. ...!
This works for me:

http://droid-at-screen.ribomation.com/

evilgrin98
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Droid@Screen for HDX

Quote:
Originally Posted by tl3 View Post
I found Droid@Screen after I made this post yesterday but am having some trouble setting it up. I didn't know in the end whether the issue might have been an Android version issue. If you can confirm that Droid@Screen works for your HDX, would you mind also PMing me and helping me walk through the setup? These were the steps I took:

Requirements:
Java v7 u51
Droid@Screen v1.0.2

1) Download and install SDK manager including Platform Tools.
2) Create an (user) environment variable ANDROID_HOME pointing to the "installation directory". (I used "C:\Users\[redact]\Downloads\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20131030\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20131030\sdk\", which contains the "platform-tools" subfolder.)
3) Add "C:\Users\[redact]\Downloads\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20131030\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20131030\sdk\platform-tools\" and "C:\Users\[redact]\Downloads\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20131030\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20131030\sdk\tools\" to the system variable Path, separated by semicolons.
4) Enable USB debugging enabled on the HDX and on a Samsung i777 running OmniROM (Android 4.4.2).

Droid@Screen does NOT prompt me for the location of adb.exe and reports success in restarting ADB, which makes me think I set the user enrivonment variable ANDROID_HOME correctly. But neither the HDX nor the i777 show up in the device list for Droid@Screen.

After this frustration, I also turned to ASM with similar results (no devices listed).

In case it matters, I ran both programs by double-clicking their .jar through Windows Explorer rather than via command prompt.

Sorry to be a scrubby noob. I'm trying my best to do this without help, but I just can't seem to swing it.

tl3
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Did you install the ADB drivers for your devices? The KFHDX drivers can be found at:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...30&postcount=1

evilgrin98
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default KFHDX drivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tl3 View Post
Did you install the ADB drivers for your devices? The KFHDX drivers can be found at:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...30&postcount=1
Thanks! I went through slightly more roundabout steps that got me to the same place, which steps can be found here:

Setting Up Your Development Environment
Setting Up Your Kindle Fire Tablet for Testing

Both Droid@Screen and ASM are working for me now, albeit with a pretty awful delay (and no control over the device, which I would appreciate but understand is out of the question for now). It's possible that all that was needed was the Fire ADB driver, but I now have the Java Development Kit and a few other things to boot. Maybe it will enable me to dirty my hands in the root-testing grounds, which will probably be my next tackle, pending GSLEON getting some more time on his hands.

Thanks, all, again. Very helpful!

kschang
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:

Thanks in advance!
I tried j5Create's AndroidMirror, no luck. They claim it works with KindleFire, but apparently not Fire HD or Fire HDX.

The Following User Says Thank You to kschang For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]