FORUMS

lost+found file struggle

187 posts
Thanks Meter: 54
 
By Rokonacdc, Senior Member on 14th March 2014, 08:53 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hey, guys. I posted here a while back that I've been having some major problems with my phone. It randomly reboots, does not properly wipe in recovery, will not properly install ROM's or recovery updates.

I think it all stems from me seeming to remember deleting a lost+found file that I thought was a dupe. Anyway, I assume that restoring the phone to factory is the only way to fix it, but I'm hoping somebody has another idea because I use a mac and Idk how to root it again if I have to do that.

Thank you for any help or suggestions.
 
 
14th March 2014, 09:32 PM |#2  
bdithug's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Burlington
Thanks Meter: 323
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokonacdc

Hey, guys. I posted here a while back that I've been having some major problems with my phone. It randomly reboots, does not properly wipe in recovery, will not properly install ROM's or recovery updates.

I think it all stems from me seeming to remember deleting a lost+found file that I thought was a dupe. Anyway, I assume that restoring the phone to factory is the only way to fix it, but I'm hoping somebody has another idea because I use a mac and Idk how to root it again if I have to do that.

Thank you for any help or suggestions.

I had the same issue until I formatted my internal storage. Make sure you back up everything from your internal storage first.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
14th March 2014, 10:01 PM |#3  
Rokonacdc's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 54
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdithug

I had the same issue until I formatted my internal storage. Make sure you back up everything from your internal storage first.
Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app


So all I need to do is a wipe? I won't actually have to lose root?
14th March 2014, 10:17 PM |#4  
bdithug's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Burlington
Thanks Meter: 323
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokonacdc

So all I need to do is a wipe? I won't actually have to lose root?

Not wipe. Format internal SD card. I think its from the advanced wipe settings. You will have to type the word "yes" to confirm

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

And again, this may not fix your problem. But it fixed mine

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
14th March 2014, 10:57 PM |#5  
Rokonacdc's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 54
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdithug

Not wipe. Format internal SD card. I think its from the advanced wipe settings. You will have to type the word "yes" to confirm

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

And again, this may not fix your problem. But it fixed mine

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Okay, kool. I'll give it a shot. I spent most of the morning backing up my phone. It's kind of scary. Lol
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes